Jan58

Divorce and ALL marital property

57 minutes ago, Jan58 said:

I just received falsified documents from my husband to justify the low value of a vehicle. I submitted letters from several people stating that they were present when I received the letter and opened the letter. Would this not be admissible?

Hearsay is evidence of a statement made by someone who is not present and testifying in court and which is offered to prove the truth of the matter asserted.  Hearsay is generally inadmissible.  For example, let's say that Alan and Barbara are in a car accident.  At the scene of the accident, Catherine states that Barbara ran the red light.  At trial, Alan calls Doug to the witness stand and seeks to have Doug testify regarding Catherine's statement about the red light.  Doug has no personal knowledge regarding the color of the traffic lights and only heard Catherine's statement.  Doug's testimony is inadmissible.  Also, as I wrote previously, a witness may not "testify" by way of a letter.

I can't really follow what the letter(s) you're talking about say or what you're seeking to prove, but you'll be better off subpoenaing the witnesses to testify.

My husband sent me papers to back up his claim that a certain vehicle had more miles on it than possible. The documents were falsified. I sent those in with statements from several people that had seen his letter arrive and watched me open the letter and also saw the contents of the letter.

So..."several people" made "statements" (of the written variety, I assume) that they saw some letter from your husband arrive (which I can only assume means that they observed the mailman putting the letter in your mailbox) and then watched you open the letter.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see what possible relevance such statements have.  Is your receipt and reading of the letter in question in dispute?

On 7/20/2016 at 1:43 PM, pg1067 said:

First, don't use the sheriff to serve time-sensitive documents.

Who can I use to serve documents? I can't even afford to use the sheriff's department. Lol

Ditto what "RetiredinVA" wrote.  Unless you want to dispute that you received the letter in question (which you are admitting to here, so any dispute apparently would be a lie), I can't imagine why it might ever be relevant that a bunch of people say you receive it and read it or that they also read it.

If I have requested multiple times his monthly income and the judge denies it. (I have to see if it was done in a timely manner) and I have medical issues that may have prevented me from requesting the documents in a timely manner.