Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
adjusterjack

HUH?

Recommended Posts

Hi adjusterjack,

 

We just launched a redesign of the site. @adjusterjack, @pg1067, users can tag the state they are in by clicking "Tag" for the drop down menu of states when posting a new topic.

 

We think that once you have a chance to get used to the new look, you will enjoy the new functionality. @LegalwriterOne, can you be more specific about what is "messed up"?

 

The FindLaw.com Team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, it is fairly difficult to spot which boards have unread messages, although may be attributable to the rather significant drop in activity.  This change happened when?  Last Friday?  And there have only been a handful of new messages?  That seems oddly coincidental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LegalwriterOne Glad the issue resolved itself. Let us know if you have any further issues.

 

@pg1067 The border around the thumbnail for each forum will turn orange when there is a new topic posted. Posting has been a little light, but it may be due to a holiday weekend. We will keep an eye on the numbers. In the meantime, let us know if you encounter any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, adjusterjack said:

One thing I like so far is the ability to quote part of a post just by selecting it and clicking on "quote this" button that pops up.

 

 

 

I hadn't noticed that, but I did notice that that the automatic conversion of "(b)" and "(c)" to emoticons seems to be gone...finally.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ElleMD said:

I miss the "new posts" feature. Going forum by forum and looking for new messages is not at all convenient.

I agree, I don't like having to search for new posts at all.  They should just show up on the main board as new.  I don't have the time nor the want to search for new questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FindLaw_RE said:

Let us know which new features you like and dislike!

 

Other than the line to the left and the heading it's a little difficult to distinguish between a quoted section and non-quoted section.

 

Would be better if the quoted section was in italics or had a more visible border around it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FindLaw_RE said:

Have you tried the "Activity" tab?

 

Just did. Brings up all recent posts and responses. That's good.

 

Another thing I noticed are the three icons at the top right of the page. When you hover the pointer over them they are not identified so you have to waste time clicking on all three to see if there is anything useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElleMD said:

I miss the "new posts" feature. Going forum by forum and looking for new messages is not at all convenient.

 

40 minutes ago, LegalwriterOne said:

I agree, I don't like having to search for new posts at all.  They should just show up on the main board as new.  I don't have the time nor the want to search for new questions.

 

If you go up to the top and hover over the "Activity" tab, one of the options is "Unread Content."

 

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FindLaw_RE said:

The border around the thumbnail for each forum will turn orange when there is a new topic posted. Posting has been a little light, but it may be due to a holiday weekend. We will keep an eye on the numbers. In the meantime, let us know if you encounter any issues.

 

Not the most obvious thing in the world, but maybe it's just that I'm used to the old format and I'll get used to this after a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FindLaw_RE said:

@adjusterjack, could be a browser issue on your end. I'm using Firefox, and when I hover over the icons I get identifications ("Notifications" "Messages" "Reported Content")

 

I am in Firefox. Most current version 47.0.01. Hovering over icons doesn't do anything. Hovering over Activity doesn't bring up options.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

I am in Firefox. Most current version 47.0.01. Hovering over icons doesn't do anything. Hovering over Activity doesn't bring up options.

 

I'm firefox too.  Just upgraded to the newest version, rebooted the computer and I'm having the same problem.  What's most annoying is the newest posts just don't show up on the main board.  I hate hunting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LegalwriterOne said:

I'm firefox too.  Just upgraded to the newest version, rebooted the computer and I'm having the same problem.  What's most annoying is the newest posts just don't show up on the main board.  I hate hunting.

 

I use Firefox, but on a Mac. No problems with hitting the link for unread posts and getting them all on one page, as before (but with the new look, obviously). The link for unread posts is in a different spot that before and doesn't jump right out at you though.

 

While I like that apparently the automatic conversion issue of turning (b) and (c) into emoticons/symbols has been fixed, I do not like that the option to select from different types of fonts is gone. I also see that when using preview mode it does not show the post exactly as it will appear when actually submitted, which kind of defeats the purpose of the preview feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...