Sign in to follow this  
agent7908

MRI mis-read by radiologist delayed med treatment

MRI shows torn meniscus.  mis-read by radiologist (since fired) caused incorrect med treatment by orthopedic.  (a radiologist friend read MRI as favor to me.  He advised 2 tears in meniscus)I told the orthopedic who still insisted on wrong treatment, with total disregard to this info and my complaint of excruciating pain in my knee.  After trying prescribed PT (aggravated injury) and injections for arthritis, & being told to suck up the pain for 6 months (since 12/01/15), I went to a new orthopedic.  He called to have MRI re-read by NEW radiologist and diagnosis was 2 tears to meniscus.  Even with new info, my attorney & WC worker stuck with agreed decrease in payment due to med treatment & diagnosis of prior ortho at the last WC hearing without informing the judge of new information.  WC carrier never answers phone or returns calls or faxes.  I complained to WCB. Also told head attorney that lawyer assigned to hearing is a useless lame-brain.  I got the bum's rush all the way around.  How do I clarify this to the judge and get proper treatment so I can return to work?

Hi agent7908,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about your injury and all that you have gone through. You may want to consider getting a second opinion from an experienced worker’s compensation attorney about the status of your case and next steps. Be careful about “clarifying” issues with the judge, because there are specific rules about how to communicate and file pleadings with the court. Simply writing a letter to the judge may be construed as impermissible ex parte communication (meaning communication outside of the presence of the opposing attorney).

If you need help finding a worker’s compensation attorney in your area, you can use our Lawyer Directory. Many of our attorneys offer free consultations.

Best of luck with your case!

The FindLaw.com Team

Thank you.  I will access the Lawyer Directory to request a second opinion, and options on how to proceed.  I want this to be handled in a professional manner.  I am very grateful for your advice, and being allowed to see your integrity in support and advocacy for others as well.