Lets say I am being held in a county jail pending trial or resolution of a criminal matter but I am being recklessly mistreated for serious medical needs by medical in that jail; Can U.S. District court intervene and secure my 14th amendment rights?  Maybe take jurisdiction over my custody in that jail?

Lets say I am being held in a county jail pending trial or resolution of a criminal matter but I am being recklessly mistreated for serious medical needs by medical in that jail; Can U.S. District court intervene and secure my 14th amendment rights?  Maybe take jurisdiction over my custody in that jail?

You may file a complaint in either federal district court or the applicable state court to seek injunctive and/or monetary relief if the jail is violating your federal constitutional rights. Just bear in mind that what prisoners often think is abuse in medical treatment may not be regarded that way by the courts. Prisoners are entitled to basic medical care, not necessarily the care they want.

You may file a complaint in either federal district court or the applicable state court to seek injunctive and/or monetary relief if the jail is violating your federal constitutional rights. Just bear in mind that what prisoners often think is abuse in medical treatment may not be regarded that way by the courts. Prisoners are entitled to basic medical care, not necessarily the care they want.

Thank You. I understand that the definition of "abuse" is construed to be more than gross neglegent in federal district court. But in my situation the jail gave me wrong meds and for 3 weeks I bled internally not knowing until I was rushed to hospital for life-threatening measures. I just had heart surgery and am suffering symptoms of atrial fibulation and they wont assess me unless I am practically unconscious. I have asked federal court to take jurisdiction over my custody and appropriately remedy the my situation that no longer violates my 14th amendment rights. I feel like I am being punished and have not been convicted of a crime. Thanks for your feed back.