Sign in to follow this  
Sterling.c

Holding up sale of forclosure

We bought 50% ownership of property heading to foreclosure. The owner of the other half refuses to sell out of spite and would rather the property be lost to the bank before letting the friends of her ex get the house. She also registered a false lien. Is there an action or tactic to pish her off title?

Hi Sterling C,

Thanks for posting! Can you provide some more details that can help the community point you in the right direction...

• What state are you in?
  • Do you have a purchase agreement with the other party?
  • False lien?

Thanks!

Hi Sterling C,

Thanks for posting! Can you provide some more details that can help the community point you in the right direction...

• What state are you in?
  • Do you have a purchase agreement with the other party?
  • False lien?

Thanks!

Thanks the direction.

The state is Oregon. We purchased the husbands half for $20 and offered her 10k. She has no way to avoid foreclosure but refuses to sell.

A lien was registered for 44k based on her claim that she paid money six years ago to save it from foreclosure back then. She just filled out the paperwork herself. There is no court judgement nor was there a court action.

Hope this information helps.

I am unsure whether or not to post updates here or post anew so I am hoping somebody will let me know the forum etiquette?

I recently posted about the lady who would rather let the house be for closed then sell her interest. Today of was discovered that she may have abanon the property. Two questions now arise 1) how do we establish that she abandon property? 2) can we move somebody in it?

I am unsure whether or not to post updates here or post anew so I am hoping somebody will let me know the forum etiquette?

I recently posted about the lady who would rather let the house be for closed then sell her interest. Today of was discovered that she may have abanon the property. Two questions now arise 1) how do we establish that she abandon property? 2) can we move somebody in it?

1. visit the property and determine whether she has removed her belongings or not or ask her.

2. As a co-owner, if she has abandoned the property you can move in or move someone it. Just be prepared when she asks for 1/2 the net rent.

It would appear from your post, not from the documents we have seem, that she has put a voluntary lien against her interest in the property. Whether she can legally do that in Oregon, I have no idea. It's time to speak with an Oregon real estate attorney.

It is always a good idea to keep postings together when they are about the same situation, it helps people keep up with the events without having to hunt up older threads.