Sign in to follow this  
akm1909

Suspended License because of out of state ticket

Hello,

I got a traffic ticket from West Virigina on Jan 1st 2016. I forgot to pay the ticket. Its been 180 days. I own a AZ driving license. I got a mail from AZ MVD today saying my license has been suspended. Can I reinstate the suspension by paying off the pending traffic ticket? What other steps needs to be taken to reinstate my driving license?

Thank you.

If your license got suspended for failing to pay that ticket, obviously you have to take of it before you can get your license back.  AZ will need official verification from WV that it's been paid in full and then you pay AZ a reissue fee, show proof of insurance and get your privilege reinstated.

Hi akm1909,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your question! The Arizona Department of Transportation website has some helpful information about reinstating your driver’s license.

As LegalwriterOne suggested, a wise first step is to contact the West Virginia traffic court (which will be listed on the traffic ticket citation) and pay the West Virginia ticket (and any accumulated late fees) in full. Thereafter, you can obtain a court clearance receipt or Court Abstract form. Then, you can bring your receipt or Abstract to the MDV and pay the reinstatement and application fees. It may also be possible for you to resolve this issue online through ServiceArizona rather than going in to the MDV in person.

Best of luck and let us know if you have additional questions.

The FindLaw.com Team