Not too long ago I asked a question regarding possible malpractice during heart surgery:

OCT. 2015 I HAD OPEN HEART SURGERY TO REPLACE THE MITRAL VALVE IN MY HEART. A MONTH BEFORE SURGERY SURGEON CONSULTED WITH ME ON OPTIONS AND RISKS. OPTIONS: (1) A MECHANICAL VALVE THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR LIFE, BUT I WOULD NEED TO BE ON BLOOD THINNER FOR LIFE; (2) A TISSUE VALVE - THAT TYPICALLY HAS TO BE REPLACED ABOUT EVERY 10 YEARS - BUT NO NEED FOR BLOOD THINNERS. I CHOSE TO GO WITH MECHANICAL VALVE SO THAT I WOULDNT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE SURGERY AGAIN.

I ARRIVED AT HOSPITAL AT 6AM. AT 7AM I WAS TAKEN TO PRE-OP FOR SHAVE, CLEANING AND SURGICAL DRESS-IN. THE SURGERY WAS TO START AT 8:30AM; I SPENT THE REMAINDER OF THAT TIME WITH FAMILY.

AT APPROXIMATELY 8:30AM I WAS MOVED TO OPERATING ROOM AND ALMOST IMMEDIATELY WAS STARTED ANESTHIA, BUT THE DOCTOR STOPPED IT TO TELL ME, " I THINK ITS BEST THAT YOU GO WITH A TISSUE VALVE ". I DONT REMEMBER BUT APPARANTLY AGREED.

THE SURGEON HAD AT LEAST 1 1/2 HOURS PRIOR TO THE SURGERY TO TALK WITH ME ABOUT THIS; UNLESS HE MADDE THE DECISION AT THE LAST MINUTE HIMSELF, HE HAD WEEKS TO CONSULT WITH ME.

I RECENTLY INQUIRED AS TO WHY HE DECIDED THAT AND HE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BEST THAT I NOT HAVE THE NEED FOR BLOOD THINNER BECAUSE OF MY LIFESTYLE.  DID  HE DEVIATE FROM HIS DUTY OF CARE BY NOT DISCUSSING THIS WITH ME WHILE IN A CLEAR STATE OF MIND? I WILL NOW HAVE TO HAVE THE SURGERY AGAIN. BUT THE NEXT ONE GETS RISKIER.

Any reason you haven't provided the additional information in prior thread, as opposed to starting a new thread, so that we could all have the benefit of reviewing the entire discussion?

Also, don't post in all caps.  It is considered "shouting" and is annoying to try and read.

Any reason you haven't provided the additional information in prior thread, as opposed to starting a new thread, so that we could all have the benefit of reviewing the entire discussion?

Also, don't post in all caps.  It is considered "shouting" and is annoying to try and read.

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? I'M NEVER GONNA GET A LEGIT LEGAL RESPONSE FROM YOU ANYHOW. (IN CAPS!) :angry:

Your question calls for an opinion from a medical expert, not an attorney. Therefore, you are correct in that no one here can or will say your doctor committed medical malpractice. You need to consult a medical malpractice attorney who can submit your question to an expert for evaluation.

Your question calls for an opinion from a medical expert, not an attorney. Therefore, you are correct in that no one here can or will say your doctor committed medical malpractice. You need to consult a medical malpractice attorney who can submit your question to an expert for evaluation.

Thank You. But from the information I provided, and if you are a aggressive Med Mal attorney, would you take interest in the possibilities?

Since none of us are an aggressive Med Mal attorney, I don't know what kind you answer you expect.  Most Med Mal attorneys will give you a free initial consultation, why don't you ask one.