misty9690

Claims

I cause damage, hopefully minor, to another party's car. They filed a claim but I'd like to deny the claim And pay it directly. Can I do that ? And how ? This is my second claim against me. Last one cost my insurer $2000.

If you are paying it, you are not denying it.

If you are asking can you pay for the damage without notifying your insurance company, yes, you can do that.

All you need to do is get the estimate from the car owner, give him a check, get a receipt.

The other party already contacted my insurance company with a collision claim. However, I would like to not go through my insurance and pay either the other party or their insurance. Which at this time I know neither. It is too late for what I want to do ? I am at fault. I afraid my insurance may drop me.

It's a little unusual but the only way you'll find out is if you call your adjuster and tell him you want to pay the claim and not have the insurance pay it.

The trouble with that is that your insurance company will still have the information that you caused an accident and it can be used for underwriting purposes.

Two accidents over a period of even a year or two won't necessarily get you dropped, more likely will get you a hefty surcharge for a few years.

I let my insurance agent know I'd like to pay it but I haven't heard back. It has a claim number and has been assigned. I may be to late. The claim may be denied but I'd have to pay the repairs either way. I wait to call again.

Insurance companies don't deny claims when their insured causes damage to somebody else's property. Your first post indicates that you were at fault so why would you think your insurance would deny the claim? Did you do it intentionally? Intentional acts are excluded. How, exactly, did the damage occur?

Yes. Intentionally. So they will deny the claim and I'd like to pay it personally but I have no info as it went through the local police. Their were charges filed and I was told the case was closed and the insurance was contacted. They'll deny but I'll still need to pay and end it.

I called the claim rep direct. I was told because it was intention the claim will be denied and both their insurance and I will be notified. The claim is listed under collision. I was told that once its denied the other parties should send me a bill for the damaged. I'm not clear why it went through the insurance. I called the insurance with " general questions " just to get some understanding. I didn't discuss my claim.

According to the other thread you started (not sure why you started another thread), you keyed this other car (not sure why you didn't mention that from the very start instead of waiting nine posts into the thread before even mentioning that the damage was caused intentionally).  That's not something that your auto liability insurance would cover even if it hadn't been intentional.  Unless there is a restraining order against you, all you need to do to pay is contact the owner of the car and arrange to make payment.  However, since it's possible that you'll be criminally prosecuted, you might want to do this through an attorney.

×
×