Sign in to follow this  
IndiaFoodie

Revoked bond

A friend of mine had something like this(https://boards.answers.findlaw.com/index.php/topic/236251-court-orders/) happen to him too:

He was out on bond for a burglary and waiting for sentencing. Another burglary happened and my friend was picked-up during a house search for another person (my friend's roommate) the police suspected committed the burglary. My friend was picked-up, handcuffed, held at the police station and interrogated about the burglary. The police were suspicious that he was involved in the burglary, but he wasn't. My friend's bond was revoked a couple of hours after his arrest, and he was put in jail shortly after but there were no charges cited against him when he went into the jail. Instead, the police just kept him locked up for 3 more weeks till he was sentenced. When his PD tried to get a hearing about why he could not be back out on bond, the state only said a little about why they arrested him in the first place because it said they were still investigating the burglary of the roommate and telling my friend anything about the investigation would jeopardize it. So, my friend ended up just sitting for three weeks. He never was later charged with the burglary his roommate did.

So, is what happened to my friend then not proper?

Edited by Findlaw_FN

This is a matter without significance. your friend had already been found guilty of burglary, a felony. Presumably his sentence would be far more than three weeks. So, effectively he started serving his sentence three weeks before his sentencing. We call it "No harm, no foul" in the law biz.

A friend of mine had something like this(https://boards.answers.findlaw.com/index.php/topic/236251-court-orders/) happen to him too:   When his PD tried to get a hearing about why he could not be back out on bond, the state only said a little about why they arrested him in the first place, because it said they were still investigating the burglary of the roommate and telling my friend anything about the investigation would jeopardize it.

The only interesting part of your question (to me) pertains to the other post you cited.

So, when did the state have to make a show for cause in these matters?

In https://boards.answers.findlaw.com/index.php/topic/236251-court-orders/ it is the order that is being questioned. In this post it appears to be that charges were never brought so the arrest could never be challenged.

The people in both instances qualified to be on bond after being judged guilty. That requires a hearing, with conditions of bond, which are set by the court. Where are the violations mentions in either of these posts?

Is just being questioned or a suspect in a crime enough to revoke bond? Is that breaking a condition of bond? I guess it depends on the "information" presented to the judge, but more is needed, isn't it?