VictimOfNarcissist

Divorcing a Narcissist

I was married (still am) for over 15 years, separated over 2 years now. She has constantly played the victim card. I left the family home, we have no children together, the home was only in my name,  but was recently sold due to foreclosure, plus she sold everything and anything she could get her hands on, including my personal belongings and or sentimental items. The last 8-12 months of separation has been quiet. Just some gossip through people we both know of things that she is claiming/accusing me of/or just plain slandering my good name (defamation of character?). She claims she will hand over the title to my vehicle once the divorce is final. she has not filed, and at this point in time I cannot afford an attorney, but I would like to get on with my life, as I am now in a relationship and plan to remarry.

My question is:  what can I do to get this divorce? although the vehicle is mine and I personally paid for it with my earnings, under circumstances at the time I had to title it in her name. I just want a divorce and my title. (she also caused me physical and mental abuse, to the point of my seeing a psychologist for depression and I was on the verge of suicide. I had all but depleted my 401K to pay for her son from her previous marriage to go to a drug rehab. (over $10,000). I don't want a fight, I just want a divorce, my title, my 401K and to remarry. I just want my life back.

VictimOfNarcissist,

Maryland allows married couples to file a no-fault divorce after 2 years of separation. You may want to look into it. If you don't own many things and have no children, coming to a settlement may not be so difficult. You can file the paperwork own you own also. We have a divorce section that can help you file for divorce on your own, it includes links to information and forms that you may be able to use.

Start with the county website for which you and your ex lived.

The FindLaw.com Team

what can I do to get this divorce?

Not really sure I understand the question.  The one and only way to get a divorce is by filing a complaint with the appropriate court and pursuing the case until the court enters a judgment of divorce.  You can request that the vehicle be awarded to you and that your wife be ordered to sign over title.  There's tons of information available by using basic google searches (e.g., "getting divorced in maryland").