misty9690

Vandalisim

Thank you. I guess I lost it. How do I find a lawyer. I've never had to before. They know I did it because a witness saw me. And the police contacted me bits been over two weeks since I've heard anything so I was waiting to here from someone. But you suggest I get a lawyer now ? How?

are you sure it was the police on the phn. lol.2 weeks already thats weird, but you might have a warrant for your arrest already you should call your local police station and ask them asap,and you can find a lawyer in the phn book...dont key anymore cars people arent worth you freedom, if they mistreat you just turn ur cheek and smile say thank you for the lesson and be done with them and the situation, dont be like me and learn the hard way ok...

The officer came to my house and talked to me. Asked why I did it. Bad day. Stupid me. Told me a witness saw and took the necessary info. The officer told me to contact my insurance company and it was my first offense. That was it. Gave me a case number and left. I don't know what to do next. The local bar association has a referral program I guess I could start there ?

The officer came to my house and talked to me. Asked why I did it. Bad day. Stupid me.

Not only for doing it but you probably gave the police all they needed by way of a confession so convicting you would be a slam dunk.

I suggest you not call the court, not call the police, not talk to anybody except a lawyer.

The officer told me to contact my insurance company

Neither a homeowners policy nor a renters policy cover intentional acts.

I don't know what to do next. The local bar association has a referral program I guess I could start there ?

Yes.

Edited by Findlaw_FN

I called for a copy of the police report. Information like name of car owner and witness have been omitted and was told the case was closed and no charges filed. The other party turned in to my insurance. I'd like to pay it direct as I'm thinking the insurance may deny their claim. I want this resolved quickly. I'm going to talk to my insurance claim associate as I have the claim number. Not sure how this will work now that it's with a "claim associate" handling under coliision.

I called for a copy of the police report. Information like name of car owner and witness have been omitted and was told the case was closed and no charges filed.

Be thankful for that. You dodged a bullet.

The other party turned in to my insurance. I'd like to pay it direct as I'm thinking the insurance may deny their claim. I want this resolved quickly. I'm going to talk to my insurance claim associate as I have the claim number. Not sure how this will work now that it's with a "claim associate" handling under coliision.

No, it's not being handled under collision. It's should be handled under the liability section of your homeowners or renters policy because you weren't operating your vehicle when you keyed the other car.

So, yes, it very likely will be denied due to the intentional acts exclusion.

If the claim was made on your car insurance, there shouldn't be any coverage for it anyway.

Call your claim associate first thing tomorrow and get this resolved.

No. The police told me there was no further investigation and it's closed. But they did say there could still be civil charges. Which I know nothing about. I wonder if I need a lawyer still. I'm hoping to get this resolved soon

Be thankful for that. You dodged a bullet.

No, it's not being handled under collision. It's should be handled under the liability section of your homeowners or renters policy because you weren't operating your vehicle when you keyed the other car.

So, yes, it very likely will be denied due to the intentional acts exclusion.

If the claim was made on your car insurance, there shouldn't be any coverage for it anyway.

Call your claim associate first thing tomorrow and get this resolved.

The claim was denied. Of course. Next I should hear from the other party. How don you think this will effect my insurance policy's with my I insurer. I've had one other small claim this year.