Dsanders71861

Unemployment benefits drugs paraphernalia

I was fired while cleaning crew truck there was drug paraphernalia found in truck.I was denied for unemployment because I was the driver of the truck? Can I win the appeal decision because it was not mine? I offered to take drug test but was declined.

CAN you win? Sure, given the right facts and the right ALJ anything can happen.

WILL you win? Not even remotely enough information to make an informed guess.

If it was your truck and you were responsible for it, I wouldn't hold my breath on the appeal. Unless you can make a really convincing case that they were not yours, you didn't have any reason to know they were there, and you know who they do belong to, as well as why that person was permitted in the truck. Drugs in a commercial vehicle is a huge deal and in violation of a whole bunch of laws that your employer can get in major hot water for violating.

I was denied for unemployment because I was the driver of the truck?

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question.  If you intended it to be a question, I cannot discern what you intended to ask.

Can I win the appeal decision because it was not mine?

In the abstract, anything is possible.  Do you have any evidence that the paraphernalia wasn't yours, other than your own testimony?

I offered to take drug test but was declined.

Probably because the results of a drug test aren't particularly probative of whether the paraphernalia was yours.

Well sorry about the question marks just late at night and I was tried. The thing is that I'm not the only one who gets in the truck my coworkers drive it to. While I drive the rig someone esle drives the truck. When the trucks at the yard anyone with a drivers license can us the truck to go get parts. I work in the oil field and things are slow right now so its been tough these last two months. That's why I'm ask for other peoples opinion. Thanks.

The thing is that I'm not the only one who gets in the truck my coworkers drive it to. While I drive the rig someone esle drives the truck. When the trucks at the yard anyone with a drivers license can us the truck to go get parts.

Any other facts you didn't include in, or which are different from, your original post?

If you were the only person who was fired, then there was presumably SOMETHING that set you apart from the others who had control over or access to the truck.  Without all of the relevant information, we can't give you informed feedback.