Sign in to follow this  
htazman65

Working for Property Owners for rent....

Hi all,

I am the Maintenance Supervisor for an infamous apt complex her in Texas.  I started this deal with my landlord that i would work for her and her husband at 7.50/hr @ 42.5 hours is 318.75 and she would take out my rent each week 181.25 and I should get 137.50 cash.  Well, that happened for a little while until they had to go work on the mall they own in Arkansas.  then no work no money.  I hurt my back working on a job for them, went to the ER and she advised me that i was fired and threatened to turn off my power.  Nonetheless, since i haven't had a paycheck since Christmas, I found a second job, long story short, she fires me and tells me that i have two days to get out...  Now then, this is a small piece of a big pie filled with corruption and deceit; therefore, can someone guide me in the right direction so that when i talk to an attorney here, I have a general idea of what my objectives are.   I am however; contacting the Texas Tenants Advisor's Monday.

Thank you and God Bless

The defense is that it's not legal, and no reasonable person would think otherwise.  From a quick Google search, it appears that the notice has to be at least a 3-day notice, and I'm skeptical a text suffices.  It's also not a "self help" process.  The landlord has to go to court and get a court order to evict.

Edited by Findlaw_FN