Maggiepie

Am I really in a will?

Does a person need my SS# to include me in their will? The reason I ask, is someone is telling me I am in their will and holding it over my head to get me to do things for them. They don't have my SS#. I want to know if I'm being used.

Ask the person what is the reason that you need my number and see what their response is, so you can determine if the request is reasonable or not. But do not give it out.  Tell the person that you will need to get a second opinion about this with your probate attorney.  Stand your ground and do not be bullied into doing something you do not need to do.

If you choose to do X on basis of a promise that may never be kept, that's up to you. (I think any interpretation that someone's asking for your SSN is mistaken.)

A person can change his-her will, so I wouldn't succumb to manipulation. I'd worry more about what it means that I'd consider doing something for dough (or whatever).

Does a person need my SS# to include me in their will?

No.

The reason I ask, is someone is telling me I am in their will and holding it over my head to get me to do things for them.

FWIW, blackmail and extortion are crimes.

Ask the person what is the reason that you need my number and see what their [sic] response is. . . .

Nothing in the original post indicates that the person in question has asked the OP for his/her SSN.  The OP said only that the person in question is "holding [the fact that the OP is in the other person's will] over [the OP's] head to get [the OP] to do things for them [sic]."  Nothing indicates that one of those "things" is divulging the OP's SSN.

she claims she put me in her will and now is holding that over my head to get me to do things for her for nothing. I want to to know if I am really in her will.

There's no way to know unless she shows you her will, and even then, she may change it at any time.  At the end of the day, it's entirely up to you whether or not you allow this person bully/blackmail you.