MrsKing

Silica

I  have a question regarding silica dust exposure. My mother worked for a major chemical company known worldwide in the late 70's and early 80's. She was daily exposed to silica dust and of course was not told the dangers it presented. We lost her to lung cancer this past November and the biopsy and CT's plainly state due to chemical exposure and to silica dust. The CT scan even showed "glassy" looking objects in her lungs. I too am looking for a lawyer to talk to me about this but so far have been unlucky!!  Everyone wants to jump on the Bad Drug and Mesothelioma cases (which are legit) but what about this silent killer?  I lost my best friend to this....please help!!!!

Edited by Findlaw_FN

I am looking for a lawyer to talk to me about this but so far have been unlucky!!  Everyone wants to jump on the Bad Drug and Mesothelioma cases (which are legit) but what about this silent killer?  I lost my best friend to this....please help!!!!

Not really sure what sort of "help" you think anyone on a message board can provide.  A "find a lawyer" link appears prominently at the top of every page at this site.  Notwithstanding what your mother's biopsy and CT scan reports might say, proving that her cancer was caused by her exposure to silica dust 30-40 years ago will be extremely difficult and expensive.  Moreover, any action at this point might not be particularly fruitful unless an exception to workers' compensation exclusivity applies (if you could prove that she "was not told the dangers it presented" and that her employer failed to provided reasonably adequate safety equipment, that might form the basis for an exception, but I suspect you'd have an extremely difficult time proving either of those things).

Edited by Findlaw_FN

×
×