Sign in to follow this  
courier2003

Best way to buy vehicle on limited budget and not so good credit

What is the best way to find a reliable vehicle when you can't put down any money and your credit is not in the best condition?  I've looked on places like Craig's List, but the problem with shopping for a vehicle there is that you can never be sure what you're getting. It's always a risk, especially with older vehicles, when you aren't covered by any kind of warranty. The problem with dealerships is that they always have to run a credit check, and I learned the hard way that too many inquiries on your credit lowers your score. Because of my credit situation, I've been told that I would have to buy a new vehicle in order for the banks to feel comfortable lending me anything. I like the older vehicles, but getting approved for a loan is more difficult. I do have a job and an income, but I still can't afford but so much a month on payments. I was hoping to find a payment of less than $200 per month, but in my situation, that probably isn't realistic. I welcome any suggestions you can offer.

You can drive down the seedy streets of any city and see plenty of used car dealers with signs saying "We tote the note," "No credit check," etc.

Trouble with them is that you'll pay twice what the car is worth and 15% to 20% interest which means the car will end up in the bone yard before you ever pay it off.

If you can afford $200 per month I suggest you start putting it aside until you save up a few thousand (that's $2400) in 12 months, then look for a Crown Victoria that's a retired police car. They go cheap but have been well maintained by police departments.

Meantime, ride a bike, car pool or buy bus passes, while you try to improve your credit score. .

But what do u do when u have a diabled child that needs to get from Amarillo Tx, to Houston Tx, and Medicare Will only reimburse after the appoint and the kiva won't help cause she has Medicare. Is there not any car dealers that will go buy ur income? People really need to stop being greasy and care about their fellow man and women