Sign in to follow this  
marce123

Foreign child support

I was married and divorce in another country. My ex husband went to live in Australia and I came to the USA 6 year ago with my tree kids(that now are 15, 13 and 10 years old ), y got married and we are citizens here. Since I came to USA my ex- husband didn't pay the amount we agreed for child support for all these 6 years, because he said that we were living in the country we agreed to do it, so he didn't pay the right amount. I could not enforce it because I didn't know where he was working. Few months ago, I find that out that he is living in Canada and where is he working, so we are trying to agree in the child support .

I went to the court here in massachusetts and they told me that I have to fill up a financial statement.

1. Do i have to put in The financial statement just my income o I have to put my income and my husband ? What do I have to put if I don't work.?

2. If the juez give an X amount of child support and it is higher that the one my ex- husband was giving it to me. could I ask for the back child support in all these six years that We have living here he didn't pay the right amount?

3. My oldest son has down sindrome. Do I would receive child support for him for el rest of his live?

Thanks

I went to the court here in massachusetts and they told me that I have to fill up a financial statement.

Who exactly are "they"?  Seeing as how your ex never lived in Massachusetts (or anywhere in the U.S.) and you already have a divorce judgment from whatever country you started in, which presumably includes an award of child support, I have serious doubts that there is anything worthwhile you can do in a Massachusetts court.  Do you have a Massachusetts family law attorney representing you?  Given your questions, I assume you don't, in which case, you reall ought to consult with one before proceeding further.

The MA court can domesticate the order and then seek enforcement in Canada

I'm not sure if this is really what you meant, but, even if it could do so (which it can't), a "MA court [isn't going to] . . . seek enforcement [of anything] in Canada."  It is up to the OP to seek enforcement in Canada, and I'm quite honestly at a loss to understand how it would be of any benefit to domesticate the divorce judgment/support order in Massachusetts since the OP's ex-husband lives in Canada.  As I see this, the OP ought to take the existing judgment to a lawyer in Canada to domesticate and enforce it.

Do i have to put in The financial statement just my income o I have to put my income and my husband ? What do I have to put if I don't work.?

I assume this "financial statement" is a form.  If that's right, then you fill it out according to its instructions.

If the juez give an X amount of child support and it is higher that the one my ex- husband was giving it to me. could I ask for the back child support in all these six years that We have living here he didn't pay the right amount?

I don't know what "juez" means, but you can ask for anything you like.  If child support was due under the existing divorce judgment/support order, you can try to recover those amounts.  However, in the U.S., courts cannot order retroactive child support.

My oldest son has down sindrome. Do I would receive child support for him for el rest of his live?

What does your existing judgment/order say about this?  If you were starting from scratch in MA, this would be a possibility, but I have no idea what a Canadian court would or would not permit in this regard.