protect.my.children.15

Whistleblower and family

My case covers approximately 10 years. To keep it short, I reported an unsafe work condition, that threatened employee and public health. I was terminated. My family has been terrorized, my children were removed, and then neglected, abused and trafficked. For the sake of the argument, assume that the injuries over these years have been well documented and reported. I attempted to get an order of protection against the Governor, State Attorney, US Attorney and the President. The judge denied complaint because it lacked a statement of jurisdiction. Can anybody help me with directions to a statement of jurisdiction? Thank you.

You will have to cite what law, federal or state, gives you the right to sue the govenor, state attorney, us attorney and the president.  I assume you are in federal court because of the statement of jurisdiction. What federal law do you think gives you the right to seek an order of protection?

Reported unsafe conditions to whom? What does this have to do with you losing your children to what I assume is foster care? Even if the children did end up in foster care, how would any fate which befell them as part of the system has anything to do with a safety violation you reported? Ten years ago, our current President was a newly elected Senator. What exactly are you looking for here?

I reported an unsafe work condition

Reported it to whom?

My family has been terrorized

By whom?

my children were removed, and then neglected. . . .

Removed from what?  Removed by whom?  Neglected/abused/trafficked by whom?

I attempted to get an order of protection against the Governor, State Attorney, US Attorney and the President

That's an awfully odd thing to try and do given what you said previously.  The governor of what?  Of your (unidentified) state?  President of what?  Of the U.S.?  For what possible reason would you think you'd need an order of protection against any of these persons?

I can't provide all the details because there are too many. I know this is an unusual complaint. Can anyone answer to a hypothetical question? Say you reported a employee/public health threat. At the time you had little understanding of the law. You report to the local officials. As time goes on you become more familiar with the threat. You also continue to report to other officials. All along the way public servants begin showing up and acting improper. To make it short, you can tie four powerful people who could have intervened to what was happening, but didn't. Public servants continue to show up acting improper. The threat to employees/public health continues. You are now a lawyer and you want to protect your family from all the public servants. What would you do?

I take it the four powerful people are the Governor, the president the state's attorney and the attorney general are behind the harassment you feel you have received from public servants?  Since governor and president and the attorney general would have nothing to do with a local complaint, I doub very seriously they would be bothering you.

It is impossible to answer your question without know what the public servants were doing that was "improper"

Can anyone answer to a hypothetical question?

Sure, but even a hypothetical question can't be answered intelligently without a complete set of facts.

Say you reported a employee/public health threat.

Ok...I've said it.  But I'm not really sure what it means or to whom I might have reported such a thing.

you can tie four powerful people who could have intervened to what was happening, but didn't.

I'm sure anyone "could have intervened," but that doesn't mean anyone was obligated to intervene (or even knew about the situation).  I'm also not sure what it might mean to "tie four powerful people."  I know how to tie a knot, but I don't know how to tie a person.  People can be metaphorically tied to things, but that's not what you wrote.

All along the way public servants begin showing up and acting improper. . . .  Public servants continue to show up acting improper.

Showing up where?  How are they "acting improper[ly]"?

You are now a lawyer and you want to protect your family from all the public servants. What would you do?

I haven't the slightest idea because you haven't described the hypothetical situation with any clarity whatsoever, including why my family needs protection from some "public servants."

Has any private citizen ever been granted an order of protection, from any of the four I mentioned? 

So... you're asking if, in the history of the United States, any person has obtained an order of protection against any other person who, either was currently, was formerly, or in the future would be a state governor, state's attorney, U.S. attorney (which I'll assume includes assistant U.S. attorneys), or president of the U.S.  Is that what you're asking?

If so, the only thing I can tell you with relatively absolute certainty is that no person has ever obtained an order of protection against a person who, at the time the order was issued, was the current U.S. president.  Beyond that, I haven't the slightest idea.

If so, how can I find those cases? 

Well...you'd start by gathering the names of the thousands (perhaps tens of thousands) of persons who have been a state governor, state's attorney, U.S. attorney (or assistant U.S. attorney), and/or president.  Of course, the 43 men who have served as U.S. president are easily identifiable, and compiling a list of all 50 states' governors shouldn't be terribly onerous either, but you'll have a heck of a time compiling lists of persons who have held the other two offices.

The next step depends on whether you're only interested in published appellate decisions (and lower court decisions that are available on databases like Lexis and Westlaw) or whether you're also concerned about all decisions of all lower courts (i.e., the courts that actually issued the orders in the first instance).  If you're only interested in "published" decisions, you could try running searches on Lexis and/or Westlaw.  Unless you can figure out a way to run a single search for all of the (tens of) thousands of names for all jurisdictions, I'm guessing you'd be looking at a cost of severl million dollars.  On the other hand, if you are concerned about lower court decisions as well, you'd need to hire several dozen private investigator firms to scour the offices of the thousands of courts in the U.S., and I'm guessing that the cost would be in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars.

Of course, I cannot conceive why it might be relevant to you if, for example, in 1974, in Backwatever County, Mississippi, the court issued an order of protection against some person who became governor of Alabama 20 years later or if someone happened to get an order of protection against James Garfield 150 years ago.

Let me seriously recommend that you consult with an attorney before you waste (more of) your time and the time of a bunch of lawyers and judges.

protect.my.children15,

Its very unlikely that you would be able provide evidence of enough facts linking any of the four you mentioned to any behavior that would warrant a protective order, unless you worked in direct contact with all four of them which is hard to accomplish short of being an elected official.

Take a look at the following:

What Proof Do You Need for a Restraining Order

State Protective Order Laws

The FindLaw.com Team

If you are a lawyer, I would think you should already be familiar with the procedure for requesting an order of protection. While the President has great latitude to intervene in most any situation he deems fit, it is unlikely in the extreme that he would become directly involved in an employee health and safety issue, unless your work address is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and even then this would be delegated.

As for seeking remedy for retaliation of having made a complaint, it very much matters what agency, union, or person this was reported to as well as the nature of the complaint. There is no one size fits all answer. It is impossible to give you every possible remedy for retaliation for every agency, state and federal. DOT has different rules than OSHA, and FAA, and your state equivalents. If you want to know your rights and protections after making a report, go to the webpage for the agency which oversees the type of violation and or the agent you reported the violation to. Ten years later, you may even be too late.

×
×