mohahuss

Buying home

i'm not in a legal issue yet but might or might not be in one, but i wanted to be prepared for the worst. The legal issue is going to be about my mom, so she wanted to buy a property and we found her one and we started with the offers and and after one counter offer we accepted the property at decent price and also to buy the property as-is and with an Earnest Money check of thousand dollars, now the problem is we got it inspected and there are some issue which are not major issues but something my mom doesn't feel right about, such as the AC unit is very old and there is a tree which has its roots which are pretty close to the foundation of the home and some more issues, the inspection report stated these issue as something to watch out for and my mom doesnt want to buy the property anymore so the seller says he will pursue legal recourse if we back off from the deal.  What would you suggest in this issue ? can you just help me out somehow ? Fast response would be appreciated. Also the seller did not give us the Sales Disclosure(which has all the disclosures in it) before we accepted the offer, once we accepted the offer we got the sales disclosure which which stated the dishwasher was not it working condition, the seller is not agreeing to repair anything at all.

Two suggestions:

1 - Read the purchase contract thoroughly and carefully. Read every word. Read the contract more than once until you understand it. Then find the part that tells the buyer what the buyer can do in the event of an unsatisfactory inspection.

2 - Google your state's real estate disclosure statute. Read that carefully and thoroughly until you understand the disclosure requirements.

After all that, if she can't figure out what to do, it's lawyer time.

Was the sale contingent on acceptance or approval of the inspection report? If so, she just has to decline to proceed and will get her deposit back.. If there is no inspection contingency ( I assume there was or the inspection would not have occurred) then she will probably lose her deposit.

The legal issue is going to be about my mom, so she wanted to buy a property and we found her one and we started with the offers and and after one counter offer we accepted the property at decent price and also to buy the property as-is and with an Earnest Money check of thousand dollars, now the problem is we got it inspected and there are some issue which are not major issues but something my mom doesn't feel right about, such as the AC unit is very old and there is a tree which has its roots which are pretty close to the foundation of the home and some more issues, the inspection report stated these issue as something to watch out for and my mom doesnt want to buy the property anymore so the seller says he will pursue legal recourse if we back off from the deal.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!  If you post here further, please pay better attention to grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.  If you don't, we have to guess where one sentence ends and the next one begins, and how we interpret what you write might be very different from what you intended.

we accepted the property at decent price. . . .

We?  Are you buying the property jointly with your mother?

my mom doesnt want to buy the property anymore so the seller says he will pursue legal recourse if we back off from the deal.  What would you suggest in this issue ?

Since you didn't identify the state where this is happening, and since we have no ability to read your contract (in fact, you didn't even say that you/your mother signed a contract), the only thing anyone can suggest is that you/your mother take all relevant documentation to a local attorney for advice.  However, if you/she signed an "as is" contract (which is beyond foolish if you haven't had an inspection done), then you/she are very likely on the hook and could be subject to damages if the seller can't sell the house to someone else for roughly the same price.

can you just help me out somehow ?

This is an Internet message board.  All we can do is respond to questions.

Also the seller did not give us the Sales Disclosure(which has all the disclosures in it) before we accepted the offer

Why on Earth would you accept an offer without having this?

Buying a home is the biggest purchase most people make in their life. During purchase or sale of your property some legal and common issues may arise. To avoid this issue, it is important to hire a real estate attorney who is an experience to deal with these problems. There are many professional real estate attorneys who can help you to avoid some common problems with a home purchase or sale. Even if people don't need an attorney during the course of negotiations, the buyer and seller, each must have to consult with an attorney to answer important questions, such as the tax consequences of the transaction.

Edited by FindLaw_RE
This post has been edited to remove personal identifying information --Moderator

Since this thread is over 1 year old, this is clearly advertising which is prohibited by the rules of the site.  The last firm I would look to is one who cannot read the simple TOS of this or any other site.

sorry,  I dont know how it work in US.  But I guessed, that's how it work in my country 

Under certain type of conditions, can one breach the contract, the flaw of the contracts..,or without breaching the contract, one can at least get the  discounted priced through court ...

only when third party die an un-natural death, ,through such as  murder , explosion , gas poisoning death,,etc,

buyers can usually get price discounted.......since one believe in flaws of house......such as house is haunting

there are other types, which would result in termination of the purchasing contract of house..

such as 1, house is structurally challenged such as over certain amount of Cl- ions in steels.....which would cause building to collapse easily and radioactively contaminated steel , which would also help termination of contract..

I think to purchase something without house disclosure,  in my country , if it's in court dispute, its possible that  a seller could say that buyer purchase this real estate unconditionally.. or  on discount price as refute......when both party r  in adversary