PleaseHelpAsap

Can I get on probation and possibly get sent to a group home for calling my parent a name(s)?

Let me describe myself a little bit, I'm a 15 year old girl, who lives in the lower area state of Minnesota. I'm Caucasian, I attend school, I'm doing very well in school also. (Mind you, my mom has physically abused me before and gotten CPS called, also emotionally abuses me, tells me I'm worthless, a pile of ****, I'm not her daughter, she should've aborted me, she should've given me away, & much worse things.

The whole story started out as.... My mother got home 30-35 minutes with my siblings after I had been home from school, she was going to get groceries & told me I had to watch the 2 year old sibling of mine while she would be gone, I then asked to play her computer tablet, which she said yes, if you do your chores, I then said I do not want to do the dishes, and after five times of saying no, I then said I would them and all of my chores, after I said I would, she got in my face and yelled at me, to where a called her a whore. (Don't jump to conclusions yet please, keep reading.) I then ran downstairs, locked my self in a room to where she came and was jiggling the door knob saying open, I said no, you're going to kill me, while I was in tears, she then said, I'm going to strangle you. I called the town cop asking for help, saying I don't feel safe, I told him my mother is threatening to strangle me. He then said, I'll be over in a bit, I have work to take care of right now. He then arrived at my house 45 minutes to an hour after I called. (It's 4 blocks from my house from the station.) During that in between time, my mother kept saying repeatedly, "Pack your ****, and get out of my house." She also said, I'm worthless, I do nothing, that I'm not a part of the family, and calling me names such as a menace, I'm retarded, a moron, and ugly, & many other names I cannot recall. (Then the officer arrived.) He heard the whole story, then told me I need to listen to my mother, where I said, so I should've opened the door to strangle me? And he looked at me like I was an idiot & said yes. He never once said anything to her about the names she had called me, but kept bringing up I called her a whore, I then said I wanted to leave my house out of pure anger, but not once did I yell, I was very calm and honest as I could've been, I was having a mental break down and hyper ventilating and trying to calm down talking to the officer, my mom was twisting words, which the officer told me I was disrespectful when I respectfully told my mom she was getting words and parts of the story mixed, to where I was explaining I'm a human and make mistakes. He then brought up how last week, I was out with my friends, and we were out past curfew. (I didn't know the town rules, but long story short, I had to get a 45 minute ride home at 2 in the morning.) and explained to me if I was his kid, he'd be grounded for 6 months. After I said I wanted to be sent, he said I would get probation & next call he gets, that I'm going to be in the back of his car.

Thank you for taking the time for reading this, and I need help. Please contact me in any way possible. I also have FaceBook but no number if you'd like to speak there. Please get back to me.

I called the town cop asking for help, saying I don't feel safe, I told him my mother is threatening to strangle me. He then said, I'll be over in a bit, I have work to take care of right now.

The town cop?  As in there's only one of them?  I have to wonder how the news media would feel about a cop who got a call from a teenager in an immediate abuse situation and who fails to act immediately because he has other "work to take care of."  SMH.

I suggest you visit www.childhelp.org and/or call 800-4A-CHILD.

Cops, being humans, have been known to lie in order to ensure someone is brought into criminal justice system, but no, you wouldn't wi d up on probation for calling your mother names. I'd call resource named in other response, and if mother neglects or abuses, I'd feel free to contact local prosecutor. Of course, sometimes actions have unintended and unwanted consequences, so think it through, with assistance.

If you are out until 2 AM, calling your mother names, refusing multiple times to do perfectly reasonable chores while pestering to use her tablet, you are not in the right here. Mom shouldn't call you names either but the strangling threat frankly doesn't sound like a murder threat but an exasperated parent threat. you can contact CPS if you fee you are being abused but I would also not go out of my way to antagonize her. For one, it makes it much harder to "see" abuse as opposed to a justifiably frustrated parent who is just at wits end. Two, it might end or curtail the issues with mom.

The first step here is to stop fighting and take a deep breath. Think things out a bit and also think about the future. You are fifteen which is a few years away from being legally on your own and an adult. It can be a decent 3 years or it can be a long miserable 3 years. You do have half of the choice here as it takes 2 people to have an argument. It does sound like Mom is very frustrated and you are not making it any easier either. I say this because I was raised old school. Today it is easy to yell abuse & create drama with it. I will give you two stories. One, you could be removed from the home and go to foster care. There is no guarantee it will be better. 

When I was fifteen, I swore at my parent and got slapped across the face. Now, I admit it was wrong & had it coming.( Actually I knew that at the time.) Two, they could send you to a place like we have here called the training center. Not quite a fun place either. By the way, I am in Minnesota. The bottom line is a good portion of this will still depend on Your Behavior. Knuckle down and do your best, don't stir the pot, stay off the streets late at night because nothing good happens at 2:00 a.m. Especially to young girls. You have years to mature yet , at 15 age can be difficult. But you must make it the best. Also for people around you. Consideration is the key! See if it turns around?