Sign in to follow this  
Johns

quit or go on FMLA without warning for an old injury that was not job related

I ITwas given an ultimatum....QUIT MY JOB OR GO ON FAMILY MEDICAL LEAVE FOR AN OLD INJURY THAT WAS NOT WORK RELATED.,  I HAD BEEN GOING TO DOCTORS FOR SIX MONTHS ABOUT THIS INJURY ALREADY ON MY OFF DAYS THEN OUT OF THE BLUE THEY DO THIS TO ME

Turn off the cap lock. There is a whole lot missing from your not quite question. I assume you want to know if it is legal to require you to take FMLA. If you are unable to perform the job and or have requested leave, then yes, they can take you off work until you are fit for duty and they can designate that time as FMLA.

On a basic level, if your injury didn't affect your ability to do your job and you weren't taking excessive time off from work I would get them to state in writing if you can why they are requiring this of you.  Your situation, the way you've described these very limited details, seems to point to a possibility of discrimination.  Of course, with details being scarce here, who knows.  Please state some specifics. 

The very limited information provided can point just as easily to an employee who is missing excessive time as it does discrimination.

I agree, and asked for specifics.  I was hoping to get an idea of whether OP was leaning that way, whether facts supported it or not.