spummerr

What happens after winning a judgement?

Not sure what forum this goes in---

Several years ago I had a client who hired me to feed her cat,watch her home, pu mail etc when she was on vacation- I was a Pet Sitter at the time- Now retired.

She never paid her bill. I tried calling her, emailing her, stopping at her home (never was home) She never responded to my attempts

It wasn't a large amount of money, $140

I ended up taking her to small claims court.

I won, she never showed up.

I'm just curious what happened to the judgement against her? I never heard anymore from the court. Finally, being a small amount I said heck with it & accepted the loss. It wasn't worth my time anymore

Do courts keep the judgement active? is it filed against her still?

Just wondering what happened after the judgement was issued.

She was the only client who didn't pay me in 12 years of business!

I'm just curious what happened to the judgement against her?

Given your post, it appears nothing happened because you apparently did nothing to try and enforce the judgment.

Do courts keep the judgement active? is it filed against her still?

Well...of course.  Once it's been filed, it will always be part of the court's record.

It sounds like you were under the mistaken impression that the court was going to chase this person down for the money.  That was up to you.  Now the judgment is expired and no longer enforceable.

It was my first court dealing ever, I received the letter saying I won, But I didn't know I had to do more, Live & learn

Given your post, it appears nothing happened because you apparently did nothing to try and enforce the judgment.

Well...of course.  Once it's been filed, it will always be part of the court's record.

It sounds like you were under the mistaken impression that the court was going to chase this person down for the money.  That was up to you.  Now the judgment is expired and no longer enforceable.

No, Jusgement is good for 10 years!

What month and year was the judgment? It hasn't necessarily expired if the judgment was granted after mid October 2005 instead of before mid-October 2005. The way that I read his/her comment was that she was the only person who didn't make good in the 12 years that the OP was in business and not that the judgment was at least 12 years old