bittu

Driver lied and his insurance denied the claim

I was driving far right lane on R. I. Ave NE DC. I saw the Van coming out of parking lot about 10-15 Yards in front of me. I  came to stop complete stop about about 3 Yards from parking lot exit. The other car (Van) that came from parking lot turn right on the road and stop about a Yard from exit and about 4-5 Yards from My car. Their was no traffic light on the road to stop. He also didn't put and emergency light on his van. I wait about a minute for his next move when He didn't move, I put my left blinker and proceed to go around his left side. All of sudden he back up and struck the right side of my car from front bumper to my back wheel. Done Extensive damage to my car.On his van there was few scratches on right side of back bumper the one that damaged my car. There was no witness. I called the police, Police didn't right any report since no body was hurt ( DC police policy) and they give any ticket to either party. I called my Ins. and report the accident. They called me back to inform me that his Ins. co. denied the claim because he told them It was my fault. I called  his ins. co.and told them he is lying and ask them to come out and review the damage and determine based on Picture's i took and damage to our cars. They never came and still denied my claim. Here to point out that I have only liability and comper. Ins not a full coverage. How I go about to get my car fix. Thanks!

Here to point out that I have only liability and comper. Ins not a full coverage. How I go about to get my car fix.

The answer to that question is you take the car to a body shop, have it fixed, then pay for the repairs.

The implied question in your post (how to be compensated by the other driver) has already been answered.

How I go about to get my car fix.

I assume the real question is how you get your car fixed without having to pay for it yourself.  The answer is that you'll have to sue the other driver and see what happens.  What I'm not clear about is why you would just sit behind the van for an entire minute without doing something to make the other driver aware that your car was there.

Sue the driver and his employer.

Not sure why you think suing the other driver's employer would be appropriate.  Nothing in the post indicates that the other driver was acting in the course and scope of his employment.

×
×