Will

Mobile Home Leasing

I have a home the South Carolina, Horry County. I own the I own the Mobile Home and it is paid off. The house is unfeasible to move it's bricked in and has stone pouches. I was told by the owner of the land I could rent the house out but after posting the house for rent he has now told me today I'm not allowed rent it. I have never signed anything that says I'm unable to rent my property out but the rental is month to month. I was told if I do rent it out he would give notice a force me to move the house which would destroy it. I have invested thousands of dollars upgrading the house before renting it. I am abiding by all park rules to this point but don't know what to do.

I own the Mobile Home and it is paid off. The house is unfeasible to move

Are "the Mobile Home" and "The house" the same thing?  I can't tell but will assume they are.

The house is unfeasible to move it's bricked in and has stone pouches.

Moving a mobile home is always relatively expensive, but these things don't make it "unfeasible" to do.

As far as the question implied by your post, only having a month-to-month lease is obviously a problem for you, and there is no legal solution other than to try and negotiate a long-term lease.  However, try reading the applicable law at the first couple of links at the following google search:  https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=south%20carolina%20mobile%20home%20law.

I have a home the South Carolina, Horry County. I own the I own the Mobile Home and it is paid off. The house is unfeasible to move it's bricked in and has stone pouches. I was told by the owner of the land I could rent the house out but after posting the house for rent he has now told me today I'm not allowed rent it. I have never signed anything that says I'm unable to rent my property out but the rental is month to month. I was told if I do rent it out he would give notice a force me to move the house which would destroy it. I have invested thousands of dollars upgrading the house before renting it. I am abiding by all park rules to this point but don't know what to do.

Here's the statute so you don't have to go through all the previous search results. Study it carefully. Might be wise to consult an attorney.

http://law.justia.com/codes/south-carolina/2013/title-27/chapter-47/

I consider Unfeasible is the right word when your talking around 10,000 to 15,000 dollars to do so. Also you assumed correctly on the The Mobile home and the house. But my question is really about the protection that Title 27 chapter 47 gives to Manufactured house owners.

You haven't asked a question. :) I wouldn't think landlord is in a position to block rental, so long as person qualifies as tenant same as others. The law may also indicate park must offer long-term lease of lot to you. Seek local counsel.

Here's the statute so you don't have to go through all the previous search results.

FWIW, I provided the google link because of the recent trend of deleting links to "competing" sites and the lack of any resource from which one can determine whether a give site is or isn't a "competing" site.

I consider Unfeasible is the right word when your talking around 10,000 to 15,000 dollars to do so.

"Unfeasible" means not capable of being done.  It doesn't mean "costly" or even "prohibitively expensive."

my question is really about the protection that Title 27 chapter 47 gives to Manufactured house owners.

Ok...at what point do you intend to ask that question?  If the question is simply, "What protection does the law give to manufactured home owners?" that question is way too broad/general to allow any meaningful discussion.  I will say that, just from browsing the section titles within the applicable body of law, it doesn't look like there is anything relevant.

It appears that, unlike New Jersey which requires a mobile home park to offer a minimum one year lease, your State only requires a written lease with a lease period agreed upon by both parties  Neither New Jersey law or South Carolina law specifically prohibit or allow sub letting of a mobile home.  That circumstance appears to be at the discretion of the landlord.

Here in New Jersey where I live, our landlord prohibits sub letting and it is stated in our lease.  What does your written lease with your landlord say about sub letting?  Most landlords do not allow it unless the person wanting to reside in the park has undergone the same screening process as everyone else.  The landlord's contract is with YOU, not the person you sub let to.

I understand I might have been broad but, the question is does a land owner have the legal right to stop me "the home owner" (mobile home) from renting the mobile home? Is there some protection to stop me from being evict as long as I am abiding the rules of the park? 

P.S. Unfeasible has a couple of means one is  "not possible or practical to do or to believe" or "inconvenient or impractical" also I could have used the Infeasible"not possible to do easily or conveniently; impracticable"

Will, is this a mobile home park?  Your State's laws differentiate between the number of mobile homes on the land.  Fewer than 5 homes and they are not covered by the statute.

Have you asked the landlord why they changed their mind?  Have you asked what kind of accommodation might be made to make the sub let happen?  Since you are the mobile home owner, if your tenant should violate the rules, you not they would be served with eviction.  This is a situation most landlords try to avoid by not allowing sub lets. 

It is actually easier to do a lease with an option to buy arrangement as then the 'tenant' has a vested interest in the property and is more likely to follow all of the rules.  Is this something you are considering?

the question is does a land owner have the legal right to stop me "the home owner" (mobile home) from renting the mobile home? Is there some protection to stop me from being evict as long as I am abiding the rules of the park?

If your lease doesn't expressly prohibit it, then you're free to do it.  However, as I explained in my initial post, because you only have a month-to-month lease, the landlord can evict you unless there is a law that specifically prohibits an eviction for that reason.  As I said in a different post, based on a review of the titles of the various sections in the applicable body of law, it doesn't appear that there is anything relevant in there.  I'm not going to read through all 22 sections.  If this is important to you, then it might be a good idea for you to do so.  If you find something that you think might be relevant, please cite it and we'll take a look and let you know if we agree.

There is nothing in my lease has nothing in it about not being able to sub letting the home. That was one of the reason for these questions.

Will, please read Section 27-47-530:

http://law.justia.com/codes/south-carolina/2013/title-27/chapter-47/section-27-47-530/

That section limits the circumstances under which a mobile home owner can be evicted and it does not include eviction for subleasing if there is no prohibition against subleasing in your rental agreement.

Keep in mind, however, that you are 100% responsible for the acts of your subtenant and the minute your subtenant goes awry you'll be subject to eviction and you'll lose the mobile home if you don't move it.

My advice: Stay out of the landlord business and sell the mobile home for whatever you can get for it and be done with it.