awesome123

Help with Accident

I got into a crash 2 days ago. I called the police as it was the other guys fault. the person didn't have his insurance. so i have to call the police. he still haven't given the information to police. what can i do? my deductible is more than the repair so my insurance company can't help. should i call the person i got into crash with for money? or i shouldn't. 

it was the other guys fault. 

In your opinion.

so i have to call the police.

"Have to" or "had to"?  Obviously, whether there was any obligation to call the police depends on the laws of your unidentified state.  However, it is almost certain that the existence or non-existence of such an obligation did not depend on whether or not the other driver was insured or had proof of insurance. 

what can i do? 

I'm certain you can do a great many things, including suing the other driver.  Hard to imagine you didn't know that. 

should i call the person i got into crash with for money? or i shouldn't. 

This is something else you can do.  It's entirely up to you.  However, unless there is little or no real crime in your area, I wouldn't expect the police to devote any energy following up on a non-injury accident with minimal property damage.

I suggest you just write a letter to the other driver and put him on notice that he is responsible for the damage to your vehicle.

If you get no response you have the option of suing in small claims court for the repair cost.

You don't need experience. Small claims court is cheap and informal and designed for people with no legal experience. If it comes to it, your local court or its website has forms and instructions.

either way i am not even going to try to call that person for accident. i am afraid something can happen.

Umm....any "something" certainly will happen, and any number of "something can happen."

and not going to sue as i have no experience with that as this is my first accident.

And you never will have experience -- which, as noted, isn't necessary -- if this is your attitude.