Aholiday

My son refuse to move out my house, what legal action I can take?

My son is taking over my house. He is 25 year old. When he was working, he didn't give me any money. Now he is unemployed, but receives unemployment checks. I asked him to move out countless times. He ignores me, and bring more and more junk staff into the house. Now he occupies 2 bed rooms, one living rooms, and pile up staff in the family room, dinning room, kitchen, and hallway. On top of that, he is verbally abusive, accuse me for everything, such as I don't feed him well. If I try to tell him that he can't just keep bring junks into the house, in return he yelling at me, and bring more staff to the house. I'm a woman and over 60 years old. I think that I have an abusive living condition. My husband is live in CA.  What law will be applicable for me to evict him? The house is owned by me and my husband. 

Aholiday,

Thank you for the post.  Sorry to hear about your situation it must be heartbreaking, but you may need to start the eviction process.  The type of notices that you need to serve depend on the type of tenancy, or living arrangement you have with your son.

Does he pay rent or have a written lease? A person without either can still be evicted, the difference will be in the notices served to the tenant.

-The FindLaw.com Team

My husband is live in CA.

Your profile indicates you're in Connecticut.  Is that correct?

What law will be applicable for me to evict him?

The law of the state where the house is located.

I suggest you contact a local landlord-tenant attorney about this and also to discuss whether it might be appropriate for you to seek a restraining order.

Yes, he's a tenant (the term typically used is a tenant at sufferance).  If the house is in CT, why does it matter that your husband lives in CA, and why would you think any law other than CT law might apply?