dogcatone

employment direct deposits

As previously noted, the employer requires your consent for direct deposit, and your employer cannot terminate or discipline you for refusal. However, that does not mean the employer is required to pay you in cash or by check. The option also exists for payment via a payroll card account (which in my opinion seems more onerous). So, what are you hoping to accomplish by refusing direct deposit?

dumplin honeychid

i don't want the direct deposit because I am in a fight over child support with WI. The last time  i had this they took out 100.00 and then charged me a 100.00 for transferring the funds to WI

Have you explained your reason to your employer or do you prefer not to do that?  Employers sometimes prefer using direct deposit because it supposedly reduces paperwork and check processing for them, but do not take the time to try to realize that some employees may not like it for personal reasons.  Are you saying that your employer charged you $100.00 for transferring the funds to Wisconsin or that the child support agency charged you the transfer fee?  In the recent past have you been cashing your check at a check cashing service where you are paid your money directly? 

Who is "they"? If you have a wage garnishment for child support, your employer must comply with that whether they do direct deposit or pay you in wooden nickels. Why not just write a check for the support due?

Who is "they"? If you have a wage garnishment for child support, your employer must comply with that whether they do direct deposit or pay you in wooden nickels. Why not just write a check for the support due?

. I know this is a little late. But if I that kind of $ just laying around I would have done that a long ago.