Evictioninfo

How to evict in 5 days

I'm in Kona Hawaii. My tenant did not sign the lease. Within the first week of moving in March 3rd of this year the tenants had a big fire and blew up canisters of oil and the fire marshall came and gave a warning and I've been fined more than their deposit. No drugs are allowed and they kept smoking illegal pot. May 11 I caught strangers on my land backing into my storage with a trailer. I said they were trespassing and the 21 year old guest of the mother renter hit me with a pipe fracturing my hand. I foolishly did not go to police as I felt for his Mom. Pot smoking and threats to me continued. May 31st I gave 45 day notice. They ignored it. A lawyer friend said they violated the lease with criminal acts and to give a 10 day eviction. I didn't know I had to use a court.June 1st I posted it on their door from a online form with 2 pages of violations. They paid only $1100.00 rent out of $1800 due for June 4th and I was told they had to move in 5 days for not paying full rent. They ignored it. My attorney friend said I could put a no trespass on the two guests.Which I did May 28 st 2015. They ignored it. I called police and they blew me off, ignored pot smoking and told them they had 45 days. I extended the mom to be out June 23th. They are still here. I wrote her to be out June 25th so I could clean and show it. No response. I let them know I rented it July 1st and people would be moving in. I thought they had left and opened the door to clean June 28th and the son assaulted me refracturing my hand, cutting my head when I fell and gave me a concussion. Police came, ignored assault and said I shouldn't have opened the door and stepped in. I didn't know until I saw the Doctor the next day the severity of my injuries. The police said my Eviction and no trespasses were no good as the son was a guest of his mom.They are still here and I lost new renters. Still no communication. Should I go get restraining orders now as I have new renters that want it July 7th 2015. They have no intention of paying rent yet I pay all utilities including electric. Please help! 

Evictioninfo,

The eviction process can be complicated as their are many steps involved in the process. The name of the eviction can be misleading, a 5 day notice is just that a notice, only after the 5 days can you get  file a complaint for summary possession in district court, get a hearing and then get a writ of possession and judgment for a sheriff or police officer to evict a tenant.  The process certainly takes more than 5 days.

Here is some helpful information specific to your situation:

Hawaii Eviction

Hawaii Landlord-Tenant Handbook

Legal Aid Society of Hawai'i Eviction: The Court Process

Hawai'i State Judiciary

You may want to speak to an attorney to help with this situation. You can find one here.

Best of Luck