HealthCareProvider

How to sue a non-profit credentialing agency???

Thank you for your reply exyivy. I appreciate your comments, both about my situation and some of the pompous people that don't know how to offer advice without adding condescension and arrogance. I obviously recognize my lack of legal knowledge which is why I requested advice.Apparently that is not enough for some and they really need to drive home the fact that they have a superior intellect--at least in their own perception.

I have pretty much given up on this case. I'm exhausted at this point and need to move forward with a variation of the career I had prepared for and basically get my life back on track. The agency's unethical behavior has already screwed things up for me in ways that can never be undone. Even if the court made the agency void the erroneous exam score the damage cannot be undone because it has now created a time issue... once you have been out of school for a set amount of time, the possible employers no longer want you... because they wonder what the heck you've been doing between graduation and applying for a position. The application process is a streamlined affair where once a year all new candidates submit their applications... and since thousands of people are applying the prospective employers begin by only assessing the raw data to weed people out quite rapidly. Thus, even if my exam was voided, my application would show a long time delay and that would cause me to be weeded out before anyone would even have an opportuinty to inquire about my background and the situation.

To those of you that offered advice (without the snarky attitude): I appreciated the guidance. Thank you!

I apologize, but your tone is really inappropriate.

Your opinion is noted.  Of course, this thread had been dormant nearly six months until you resurrected it, and the OP took no offense to my "tone" (at least back then), so I can't say that I really care about your opinion.

There is really no need to be rude and arrogant. This person has serous issue and is just asking for help.

I'm quite aware of the OP's issue (or at least I was six months ago -- I haven't re-read the original post) and wasn't being either rude or arrogant.

You are mentioning that,  "I assume you're getting this from rants written by disgruntled consumers.  I can assure you that no national corporation cares about someone calling for the identity and address of a registered agent." Well, so what if someone is disgruntled? If that number is very high, then that has to mean something.

I'm sure it does.  Let me ask you a question.  Have you ever seen or heard of a ****sucks.com web site (with **** being the name of some sort of consumer product or company)?  Thousands (if not more) of such sites exist.  Folks who are upset about a consumer product or company that makes such products are frequently motivated to rant publicly -- especially now that the Internet gives a public forum to anyone who wants one.  Now, have you ever seen or heard of a ****isgreat.com web site?  Maybe such things exist, but I haven't seen or heard of them and believe (reasonably, I think) that, if they do exist, the number is dwarfed by ****sucks.com sites.

What's the point?  My point is that folks with a peeve tend to be very vocal.  Folks who are happy with products/services tend not to be, because they've gotten exactly what they expected and paid for and don't feel the need to advertise same.  Thus, if my speculation that the OP was getting information about "[t]he organization [in question being] notorious for being ultra defensive" came from these sorts of sources, it may not be terribly reliable.

There has to be some mechanism which oversees everyone, including such a highly protected entities as non - profits.

I disagree strongly with the first part of this sentence.  As to the second part, I disagree that non-profit entities are "highly protected."  Protected by whom and against what, and how so?

Being non - profit should not grant someone absolute right to "not to care about $1000 law suit."

Every person and entity has the right to decide for him/her/itself what it does and doesn't care about.  It's also worth pointing out that I never suggested that this unknown entity won't care about the lawsuit.  Rather, what I actually wrote was "that no national corporation cares about someone calling for the identity and address of a registered agent."  I work for such a corporation, and folks contact us with some regularity to get information about our registered agent, and we have no problem providing that information (among other reasons because it is readily available to anyone with Internet access).  If you're going to take issue with things I write, at least have the integrity to challenge what I actually wrote, not something you invented that vaguely sounds like what I wrote.

Dear pg1067,

As the OP, I will clarify things for you. I mean you know disrespect but to be honest, your "tone" was deemed to be a bit condescending and offensive. I was simply too polite to address your immature conversational style. I don't doubt that some of the information you provided was probably correct. Perhaps all of it was brilliant. However, your presentation made you appear to be a very small person with grand ideals about your own intellect. That type of presentation isn't very confidence inspiring.

To everyone that participated in this post: Thank you for your assistance. I do appreciate the information. As I mentioned in my last post, I will be moving on from this ridiculous situation and instead of focusing my time and energy at a corrupt organization, I will be directing my energy at taking my future career in a different path.

Thanks!

Dear pg1067,

As the OP, I will clarify things for you.

These are written forums.  You can't "read" tone or understand how I'm delivering what I type.  Any "tone" is entirely created by the reader, and some folks who respond here take great effort to imply a particular tone (analogous to being politically correct).  I don't do that.  If you had been sitting in my office telling me your story, I'd have said the same things, and I doubt you'd have any issue with "tone."  In this regard, I suggest you review the community guidelines if you are inclined to post again.

HealthCareProvider,

thank you for the update to your situation and its unfortunate that it didn't work out. I would still keep all your information intact just in case circumstances change in the future before the state of limitations has run.\

Best of luck, please feel free to post any other legal questions you may have,

The FindLaw.com Team

Dear Health Care Provider, thanks for your reply and for the update. I wish you all the best, both professionally and privately. I can feel tremendous amount of pain you are gone through, and how much energy is gone for nothing. Yes, tone, emotions and many more can be felt "just" through reading. At least I can, dear pg1067. It is not my intention to argue with you. I do not do that anywhere. I am just an accidental by passer, who happened to be a good observer too. That is all. I am confident that this individual was truthful in his or her representations of the issue. This is not one of vocal ****sucks.com disgruntled people whom we need to treat cum grano sali. This post is about injustice - one person vs. huge, impersonal administration which does not care and, sadly, does not have to justify its actions to anyone. I know that this forum is not for this kind of witting, and that people here are in search for legal help, but I just could not help but to notice this poor person and offer couple friendly words, and express my shock with the tone of some of you :)  

Dear Health Care provider, I am glad that the injustice you experienced is not deterring you from turning toward positive aspects of life. Sometimes, one just need to let it go. Life is good. There is always something positive, and you know that.

Have a good NEW YEAR all of you!!!!!!

I know this reply comes late in the game, but it turns out that FindLaw believes this is a hot topic, which caught my attention.  So, after reading all of the posts, I had to provide some additional input:

(1)  It is probably a good thing that you did not file a small claims case.  That filing may have acted as a bar to subsequent filings.

(2) A great way to see how you can go about winning a lawsuit is to access the case that the "third lawyer" you referenced won.  The case file will provide quite a bit, if not all, of the information you need to get started.

(3) You may not need to move towards a 'variation' on the career of your dreams.  As you describe the industry, the public vindication that you could receive (along with a sizable cash payout) could inform potential employers of your very harsh treatment.

I will stop there.