Sign in to follow this  
hillmanar

Planet Fitness Membership Cancellation

I moved here in Jan 2012 and signed up at Planet Fitness. My contract ended in Jan 2015. Planet Fitness is refusing to cancel my membership because they claim I owe them $157 dollars. I was late a couple of times, but paid the late fee to them- it shows they took the money from my account (the late fee and the monthly fee). I have no idea what the $157 is for, and it is no where on my contract. I have written a certified letter and gone in the location in person and they still refuse to cancel, because of this $157 that I never agreed to. I have asked them for proof that I owe this, and they cannot show me any. They are still taking the monthly fee out of my account now. I have filed a complaint with the Utah AG office. Any other advice on what to do?

Thanks in advance. 

Other than adjuster's advice (which shouldn't need mentioning as it relates to any auto-pay), and suing them for whatever they've deducted wrongfully (after writing to the general counsel's office and getting zippy resolution), not sure what to tell you.