Sign in to follow this  
dkeller1

consumer rights

I called to put an ad on _.com for a start up business. I spoke to there sales agent . He told me all these things he could provide for a 252 per month charge . It sounded  good so I did an over the phone contract , most of my answers to the questions asked were yes . This is to be charged to my card every month. In about 5 days after I realized I was not getting what I was offered by the agent. I called there public relations office and was told that I could not get what was offered to me because it could not be provided , they told me to get out of the deal and sent me to claims dept. This dept. said they would not end the contract and I must pay even thou they knew I was not receiving what was offered to me . I asked; So your agent can lie to me and I still have to pay ? They said yes or they would send me to collections and hurt my credit. The first draw against my card is in a couple of days can I just block it ? or Can they really but me in collections?

Edited by Findlaw_JN
Edited to remove personal or identifying information. - Moderator

Is there a way legally to get out of the contract ? or Is there nothing to do but wait to be put in collection and try to defend it?

I'm not really sure what you have in mind since it appears the other party to the contract won't agree to terminate or rescind the contract.  Under the circumstances, I don't think a court would entertain a declaratory relief lawsuit.