Sign in to follow this  
Nava34

Driving on a suspended license.

Hi everyone. On 01/16/15 I was pulled over. I was driving home after i was done dropping off my sister to school. As I was driving home, a police officer was behind me. I didn't pay too much attention to it as it wasn't a problem for me. I was stopped at a light to turn right. There was a white truck in front of me and when the light turned green to make a right, a pedestrian was walking to the other side on the crosswalk. As soon as the pedestrian was 1/4 of the way there, the white truck turned. I waited for the pedestrian to be halfway before i could turn. I thought he was halfway but i guess not. The sun was hitting my eyes so i had to squint. The police officer that was behind me pulled me over and explained that the pedestrian wasn't halfway and that's why he stopped me. Understandable. I asked why he didn't go for the white truck and he told me that he can only get one car at a time. All right. So we talked more about the incident and had a couple of laughs here and there but when everything was done, he gave me a ticked for driving on a suspended license. I don't have a license. Not yet. I'm working on it. I had court on February 5th, 2015. The judge gave me a hint to plead not guilty so i can come back on a later date with my license. I will go back to court with my license but i just wanted to know what could happen if i go to court for driving on a suspended license but I don't have one?

Also, if this helps, on 03/31/2014, I ran a red light. A car wasn't paying attention and went in front of me and I had to brake hard. It could have been a collision but i'm glad it wasn't. I paid off the fine and went to Traffic school and it got clean.

The judge gave me a hint to plead not guilty so i can come back on a later date with my license. I will go back to court with my license but i just wanted to know what could happen if i go to court for driving on a suspended license but I don't have one?

Possibly a big fine and another suspension.

You were an idiot for driving without a license.

Hi Nava34,

You really need to stop driving if your license is suspended... I'd suggest directing your questions to a traffic law attorney in your area, as he or she is likely to be more familiar with how your local court handles these situations. If you absolutely must drive to get to and from work, you may want to ask your attorney if Arizona has a "hardship exception" for suspended licenses -- and if you would qualify.

I suggest you find an attorney using FindLaw's lawyer directory, and also checking out FindLaw's section traffic laws section for more general information. Good luck!

I would not brag about never having had a license.  You really need to get a local attorney.

In my area, Virginia, driving while never having had a license is a jailable offense.  Unfortunately I have had clients who were illegally in America and never had licenses because they were from Mexico where having a license is the exception rather than the rule. The best I could ever do was to get the charge reduced to "No license in possession" if they had an otherwise clean record.  I don't know how things are done in Arizona or what your residency status but I would be reluctant to go to Court and telling the Judge you never had a license as if that was a defense.