Sign in to follow this  
Mzzlulu

Do I have to?

Hi I recently felt i have been so screwed over by the priced of the car I financed and i guess the dealer felt really happy about it that they just let me drove the car off the lot without even showing my insurance. and now because they don't have any insurance proof of the car they have called me and pretty much begged me fax it over to them in order for them to be funded....Do i have to? if they are not funded will they ask for the car to be returned? i would gladly to...lol

Your contract says you have to have insurance. If you don't fax over the proof and they take the car back, it's a repo. It'll be resold for less than you owe on it and you'll be screwed all over again when you owe a deficiency balance and it goes to collections (or lawsuit) and trashes your credit.

Fax it over.

You aren't going to win this.

I dunno.  Leaving aside the strange notion that you've anyone but yourself to blame for the price you contracted to pay for a car, you may have nothing to lose by playing a not dissimilar game unless/until they call your bluff and say that you'll cough up proof of insurance if they agree to amend the purchase price.  However, I'd consider whether the contract indicates they're free to buy insurance and charge it to you, akin to a mortgage lender and homeowner's insurance.

From the Arizona DOT site:

Arizona requires that every motor vehicle operated on roadways be covered by one of the statutory forms of financial responsibility, more commonly called liability insurance, through a company that is authorized to do business in Arizona. This requirement also includes golf carts, motorcycles and mopeds.

Minimum levels of financial responsibility are

• $15,000 bodily-injury liability for one person and $30,000 for two or more people.
  • $10,000 property-damage liability.

You don't just owe the duty to have insurance to the dealer.  You better have it if you get stopped.