Sign in to follow this  
rdr6_state

Income Withholding Order

I am in state of Michigan, my Ex's attorney recently filed a Lump Sum Income Withholding Order for several thousand $$$ of CS arrearages.  I have been making over and above payments to CS to clear this up, with a case worker.  The Withholding Order is on a family Trust that a bank is administrator on that is already on a Court Order thru a different county to safe keep the assets, publish 4month creditor, and then distribute based on the provisions (no distribution has taken place yet, I am a beneficiary in this Trust).  The 4month creditor publishing has since expired late 2014, the IW Order is dated Feb., 2015.  Does the bank administrator of a Trust need to honor this Order???  Does the 4month expiry of Creditors not coming forward barr everyone including a past due CS.  I determined that my Ex's counsel filed this (and suspect its because he is owed for services for his client) Thank-you for your time. 

Ok, but on the IW Order, it specifically states the named Trust as the Income Source (or my employer). The IW Order did call out the named Trust, the way I see this is they are going after the Trust, since no money has been paid out to any beneficiary, including me. How can this be enforceable?