carryfaithp

Can hospital bills affect your credit score?

I live in Texas and I had a hospital charge me $996 dollars for telling me to take my medicine another doctor gave me for a uti that I didn't even have. Another doctor found the problem and now I can't have children because I couldn't get the doctors from the two previous hospitals to believe me. Now my credit score is very low from the hospitals that wrongfully diagnosed me. What should I do?

You didn't answer my question....

Your question was "What should I do?"

If you were referring to the credit report the answer is pay the bills. The items will show paid on your credit report and increase your score a bit and it will get better over time.

If you were referring to your medical issue consult a malpractice attorney and review your options.

As for your other question "Can hospital bills affect your credit score"? The answer is obviously yes, they can, because they already did.

Hi there,

Like it was explained above, your credit score and the potential medical malpractice are two different issues. The credit companies have no idea that you may have been wrongfully diagnosed, and as a result, can no longer have children... Unfortunately, they only see (and really care) that your medical bills have not been paid.

At this point, I suggest you consult with a local attorney to discuss the situation and determine how to address both of the issues. You can find a number of qualified attorneys in your area through FindLaw's lawyer directory. Best of luck to you!