Sign in to follow this  
Ms_Drea

How can I find an Attorney that is license to practice in other states?

Google the word "attorney" along with the name of the city in which you want to find an attorney and you'll find plenty.

Well said i must go with your sayings that just sign uop on google write the place where you want the attorney, will surely get many results. Check whicxh one is suitable and go for it.

I live in Virginia and I wish to find an Attorney outside of Alabama to review some court documents reference jurisdiction.

Huh?  It seems axiomatic that 100% of attorneys in Virginia are, in fact, "outside Alabama."  Right?  Am I missing something here?

How can I find an Attorney that is license to practice in other states?

In what state is the legal matter about which you want advice pending?  You will need an attorney licensed to practice in that state.  Needless to say, the overwhelming majority of attorneys licensed to practice in State X are located in State X.  I have seem folks ask this sort of question for years on this and other, similar boards.  However, I've never seen anyone with a logical explanation for seeking an attorney outside State X to provide advice about a matter pending in State X.  While a number of lawyers are licensed in multiple states, I don't know of any way to search reliably for a lawyer in State X who is licensed in State Y.

Okay here's a real reason I lived in state x, g ok t married and divorced in state x. I filed for divorce after my ex was incarcerated for sexual abuse of a minor. He was guilty and plead guilty. I now live in state y and have for 6 years. But I became perminatly disabled, so I had to leave my job. They won't give me medical for a year. I now need medical for my son. If I apply for medical for my son they will make me comply with child support enforcement, my ex husband will suddenly know I have a child from our marriage he never knew about for obvious reasons. I don't know what will happen, but I'm afraid I could end up in court here, there... Idk. But either way I feel I need to protect myself and my child in state y I  know if I do uh iui s ge will show up once he finds out where I live. But could need one in state x. I don't want two attorneys. I rather have one barred in both states.

You only need an attorney in the state where you and the child live.  No other state's court would have any jurisdiction over the custody, support, or visitation of the child.  Child support proceedings in circumstances like your would probably be handled completely by the state agency and you may not need an attorney at all. 

8 hours ago, Indecisive1 said:

Okay here's a real reason I lived in state x

First of all, no one here cares about the "real reason [you] lived in state x."  Second, why are you resurrecting this thread that's been dormant over three years?  I'm not really sure what the point of your post is (you don't appear to have asked any questions), but if you have questions, you should start your own thread.