Sign in to follow this  
unknown1990

bad situation (rental)

ok long story short, I had an accident in the company rental vehicle. myself and my helper the other driver and her passenger. 

I was uninsured unknowingly, the boss took me off intentionally or she herself didn't know.

im being pursued for 4.5k $ from the other drivers insurance company and another 2.5k  $ from the other driver vehicle.

accident is he said she said and unproven

but the insurance issue is plain as day I just didn't have it.

is the insurance my fault when im not in the rental agreement and it was the employer who provided it for the employee, but I was the driver.

and what would my next step be when I cant trust my previous employer. how do I get out of this situation   

If it was a company vehicle and you were authorized to operate it, the company should be liable.  Why didn't the company or rental company have insurance?  Did you drive the vehicle without authorization of your company?  Regardless of insurance, who was at fault?

I did have insurance when I took the job as driver, boss said she did not have knowledge of me being taken off of the insurance. (I think it is BS)

it was a normal day of work, on the clock, on route to a delivery.

like I said its he said she said, police were on the scene but no citations because nothing could be proven due to no damage on company vehicle  and no laws broken.

only thing I feel im responsible for (if any) is the the deductible of the lady i was in the accident with.

As with any personal injury lawsuit, the essential questions are whether someone acted unreasonably, and thereby caused an injury.  You do not seem to dispute that you were at fault, so there is probably a valid lawsuit.  Fortunately, for you, the facts you state suggest that you were operating the vehicle for your employer at the time of the accident.  As long as you were not taking a personal detour, and instead were traveling strictly for the employer, then you were merely an agent of the employer at the time of the accident, rendering the employer liable.  If that is the case, then you should have nothing to worry about in terms of the lawsuit. 

Edited by Findlaw_JN
This post has been edited for violation(s) of our Community Guidelines and/or Privacy Policy. Please refer to the FindLaw Community Guidelines and Privacy Policy for more information about the rules related to forum use. - Moderator