zq_JustWonderin_3376

Is there a required dinner break or break time for hospital employees?

Ok, thank you for that information. It was very helpful. Now what about shifts. I can't find anything to address the way an employee can work shifts - meaning, if I work a 16 can I work another 16 back to back or am I required to have so many hours in between shifts - I do deal with patients on a daily basis. I've found a lot of information pertaining to nurses, but no other hospital employee.

I won't imagine there's any regulation requiring that you be given a particular amount of time off between shifts.  I don't suppose a technologist is a position in which the patient's immediate safety/health is on the line in terms of dangers posed, as compared to a nurse or doctor or airline pilot or long-haul truck driver (professions where such things are regulated).  Note that even where hours are regulated and there are violations by the employer, I wouldn't put much faith in being able to point to X and expect the employer to change, or that you'll still have a job after you complain/report it.  You can check with the WV labor dept.