jj13493

Tank rental

I rented a tank 3 years ago. Returned it back to place of. Bussiness they said I was all set. Now I get a bill in the mail sayin I owe for a two year lease. I call and tell them already returned it . Now I get another bill again two of them in the last 3 weeks . Why am I hearing about this three years later.

Did you sign a two year lease when you rented the tanks?  You may want to review that lease and examine the termination provisions.  While it's entirely possible that the company is wrong, it may be that the lease wasn't properly terminated. 

Why am I hearing about this three years later.

This is the only question in your post, but I can't conceive that you actually expect someone here will know the answer.  Obviously, only someone at the place where you rented the tank will be able to answer this.

Nor do we have any way of knowing what you might be liable for.  You said you rented the tank three years ago, but you didn't tell us anything about what paperwork was done at the time of rental or when/how you paid for the tank (e.g., did you pay for three years in advance or monthly or what?).  Nor did you tell us anything about the terms of the rental -- e.g., was it an open ended rental or for a particular time period?  "goonbolt" asked if you signed a two year lease, but your answer -- "like a weekend rental" -- isn't really responsive to that question.  Nor does your statement that it was "like a weekend rental" make a lot of sense in light of the fact that you had the tank for three years.

You said you got a bill saying you "owe for a two year lease."  Well...what exactly does that mean in light of the fact that you had rented the tank for three years?  Did you sign a lease for two years that automatically renewed after two years, which would seem to indicate that you owe for another year (if you had two two-year leases and returned the tank after three years, then you'd naturally owe for another year).

If you want us to give you any sort of opinion, you're going to have to explain the relevant facts much better than you have.

P.S. Googling "bellamy tank" leads to lots of references to a British army officer named Bill Bellamy, who is famous for his exploits as a military tank commander.  You didn't actually rent a military tank, did you?!

Sounds like an issue of he rented whatever it was for the weekend and didn't get a reciept when he returned it (instead they told him verbally)  Maybe the employee that failed to give him a receipt stole the item and reported it as never returned.