Sign in to follow this  
firulais

non traffic accident

next to my brother home, there is a business, on the middle there is a broken fence, on that section my brother put a piece of wood,  the business customer came and knock out the piece of wood with his truck, then my brother came and try to put  the pc of wood back, by accident he scratched the bumper/muffler of the customer's truck, owner of truck called police and  they arrested my brother, he out now with a bail, he already had court ,then he received letter  in the mail stated that,

Intentionally and knowingly   damage and destroy tangible property to wit a ford truck by putting objets into the exhaust pipe  and by striking the truck with various objects without the consent of owner , and did thereby cause pecuniary loss to the owner of fifteen hundred dollar or more .

AGAINST THE PEACE AND DIGNITY OF THE STATE.

Offense ;Criminal Mischief .Midland texas.

On his first court owner of truck didn't show, also police took  the store video  as a proof in court. 

We need a legal advice please.

Get a Texas criminal defense attorney right away to explain your brother's rights and the local procedure.  Much better than strangers on the internet who are unfamiliar with the local culture at the court house in Midland.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation (a comma is not an all-purpose punctuation mark).  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

I'm also not sure why this post isn't on one of the criminal law boards.

next to my brother home, there is a business, on the middle there is a broken fence

On the middle of what?

We need a legal advice please.

"We"?  What does this have to do with you?  Have you also been charged with a crime?  Obviously, your brother should be speaking with a criminal defense attorney.

Somewhere between those two phrases there must be more to this story.

I agree.  The OP claims this was a completely accidental thing.  However, the nature of the charge against the OP's brother suggests that there may be evidence indicating otherwise.

Hopefully, your brother will get a defense attorney who can retrieve a copy of this video and an examination of the property damaged (the truck).  Either your brother did more than he admits, or the business customer is simply trying to make trouble for your brother and also hoping to get some dings in his vehicle fixed on your brother's dime. 

Regardless, sounds like your brother may down the road want to consider investing in his own fence.