Allbee

Dismissal Discharge Expungement Please Help!

If you received diversion and then a dismissal in your case (shoplifting) is that a conviction on your record?

If you received the Georgia First Offender Act and then a discharge is that a conviction on your record?

If you have had a record expunged is that a conviction on your record?

If you have had these three things and received a dismissal, discharge, and an expungement (you are one lucky boy!)...three cases....if there were (there is not) a future charge would the court system count the dismissal, discharge, and expungement against you?

God bless you for assisting me....I truly appreciate it.

"you received diversion and then a dismissal in your case (shoplifting) is that a conviction on your record?"

If the charges were dismissed, why would you think there's a conviction?

Your post indicates nothing about having been convicted

We cannot even know from here whether in fact the charges against you were expunged.  (In the internet age, however, expungement is pretty meaningless.)

If you are charged with another shoplifting offense, you can expect that in a diversion-dismissal situation that GA law will treat it as a second offense.  You'd need to discuss the finer points of your situation with a local attorney. 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2014 at 9:07 PM, Allbee said:

If you received diversion and then a dismissal in your case (shoplifting) is that a conviction on your record?

If you received the Georgia First Offender Act and then a discharge is that a conviction on your record?

If you have had a record expunged is that a conviction on your record?

If you have had these three things and received a dismissal, discharge, and an expungement (you are one lucky boy!)...three cases....if there were (there is not) a future charge would the court system count the dismissal, discharge, and expungement against you?

God bless you for assisting me....I truly appreciate it.

In general with all the situations you just mentioned, if there was no trial,or a plea of guility,then there is no conviction,and no record.However.the state still does have a file on it in their office.Any future charges against you resulting in a conviction,could effect sentencing if the state were to bring up your prior dismissals/expungement.

On 6/24/2017 at 6:32 PM, mikicats said:

is this the place to ask a question

If you have a question, you should start your own thread (instead of resurrecting a three year old thread) on the appropriate board, provide a clear and concise summary of the relevant facts (including the relevant state), and ask one or more clear questions.

On 6/24/2017 at 9:32 PM, mikicats said:

is this the place to ask a question

Sure it is,and there are some good members on here,that are very respectful to others,and aim to be very helpful to others in need of legal guidance.On the flip side,you will run into a few buttholes.Just overlook those.I already have such people on my "Ignore List."