I recently moved out of my exboyfriends house and left my 11month old son with him temporarily and moved to texas to work and live with family....I agreed to let my son stay with my ex and I would visit when I can...well he is denying me visitation and he has filed a court hearing in October to have primary physical custody and I don't want that because he is not allowing me to visit my son and now I want to fight for full custody and bring him to texas....how can I do that and when I go to the custody hearing in Mississippi in October, what do I say or do?

ok after I hire local attorney, will I be able to take my son with me out of state? he was born in Mississippi and has lived there since, his father is not a bad dad, but I want to see him as much equally, is there a law where my son can split time with both of us equally?

The court will consider the best interests of the child along with the parents' ability to care for the child.

There's no way to predict how that's going to turn out.

What might work against you is that judge's don't like to change a child's life environment unless absolutely necessary.

Get yourself an attorney in MS.

Hi lilmomma77,

To get an idea of what you should expect as you approach your custody hearing, please feel free to check out FindLaw's child custody section. You'll be able to find out some valuable background information, such as: the different types of child custody, who gets custody, how to get custody, as well as issues relating to interstate custody (which will likely arise if you're trying to take your son back with you to Texas).

To give you a brief idea of what goes into a M custody determination, note that the court will base its decision on the best interests of your child. The judge considers several factors when determining a child's best interests, including:

• The age, sex, and health of the child;
  • Which parent cared for the child before the case was filed;
  • Each parent's parenting skills;
  • Each parent's physical/mental health; and
  • The emotional ties between each parent and the child.

Keep in mind that these are just a few of the factors considered by the judge. Since each custody case differs according to the facts of the specific situation, please look into consulting with a family law attorney. Best of luck!

You left you infant with an ex-boyfriend and left the state?? And now you want full custody based on what? The fact that the man who has actually been raising him wants the legal right to continue to do so? Is this for the best interest of the child or a dig at your ex? Shared custody is a possibility, but I'm not sure how you expect to suddenly gain full custody when you have been absent for some unspecified period of time. You most definitely need a lawyer to help you with this.

To elle...yes I left him with a good father...not knowing exactly where I was going to live with no money....his father was aware of that and even threatened if I were to take my son...he would charge me with kidnapping and put me in jail

..please dont judge me when u do not know full details