Sign in to follow this  
bolenchy

need help to get my husband to attend my graduation ceremony

please i need your direction,i already filed I-130 for my husband who lives outside the country with my permanent residence status but I'm joining the military so soon will become a citizen,hope to notify NVC of my citizenship status then. I'm going to boot camp this month and my husband is looking at visiting with a non immigrant to attend my boot camp graduation ceremony and  to return pending his immigrant visa will be ready. But he applied early this year before for a non immigrant visa he was refused because of the fact that I-130 has been filed on his behalf. BUT please if he re-apply  now and with an invitation card to attend  to witness my graduation ceremony from boot camp , does he stand a chance of him being granted a non immigrant visa if he has invitation cards to attend my graduation ceremony from boot camp???? thank you, i anticipate your advise

That's a question best asked of the USCIS. They have a website and a customer service number.

Frankly, though, I wouldn't put in an application for something else while he is waiting on the I-130 to be processed. Could mess things up. You're dealing with an incredibly ridiculous bureaucracy.

Besides, I've been in the service. Graduating from boot camp fades into memory rather quickly.

Have somebody make a video so your husband can see it later.