Sign in to follow this  
alicemassey

entitled but ignored

about 15 years ago my grandfather passed away. 1 year ago i turned 18 which, as i found out, meant that myself, ,my sister and my 18 year old+ cousins were entitled to £1000 each left by my grandfather. all 5 cousins have received this money but me and my sister have not. I found out that my own father took the money himself and is refusing to let me and my sister have it. I desperately need the money as i plan to start university in September but i dont want to fall out with my dad about it. please help 

Yes, you definitely need to retain the services of an attorney to act as an intermediary to represent your interests in this situation--maybe he could send a letter to your father or call him to ask him specifically what has happened with the money (let's hope he hasn't spent it) or where it is being kept.  Your attorney can also ask your grandfather what he intends to do about this situation--can he afford to pay it back now or can some type of payment plan be set up to reimburse/repay the full amount owed or face legal charges if he can not pay it back.