Sign in to follow this  
tki9522

Denied Medical leave

I have two questions.  I was in a wreak and my car had to be towed.  I went to where it was towed and everything was still in my car.  When the Insurance Company for the guy was @ fault everything had been removed.  There were a lot of things missing.  I have to sign the title over before they will send me a check. Is there anything I can do?

Also, my company denied my medical leave because I needed 1,400 hours and I have 1,082.  The problem is everyone is part time.  I have been tried to for two years in a row to get Medical Insurance and have been denied coverage because you have to have at least 20 hours to get it and they said I averaged 18 hours a week.  If you take 18 x 52 weeks it comes to 926 hours a year.  So how could I ever make the 1,450 hours to get leave?  Thank you.

As for the personal items that went missing, you may sue the tow company (and storage facility, if different) for the value of the stuff that went missing. 

But for the leave issue, if you work for a private employer, the amount of leave you get, if any, is up to the policies of that employer because you didn’t work enough to qualify for unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) even if your employer was large enough to be subject to the FMLA rules.