Sign in to follow this  
Roxanne0455

Sexual talk at the work place

For eight years I have exceled at my job at a bank.  I have had sales awards and been a employee any company word be glad to have.  Last summer we had a part time employee hired.  From the start I new it was not going to work out.  She gave the branch a daily up date on her sex life with graphic details.  After weeks of trying to just work away from her area... I asked her to please be more productive and find other topic to talk about.  My manager worked off sight and was never around to hear or see what was going on.  The employee told me I was jealous of her and started in on me.  I was working with name calling like "evil" and having my Christian faith shot down being called names behind my back .  I took it to my manager in need of direction to handle this.  My hair was falling out in clumps and I wasn't sleeping.  My manager rolled her eyes and told me she would get back to me.  This never happened.  A year has passed , I have now lost my job, my manager has been made to step down and the employee who made my life hell has lost her job.  Do I have any recourse for the stress, tears and panic attacks I now have over this?

"My manager rolled her eyes and told me she would get back to me. This never happened. A year has passed , I have now lost my job..."

Oddly, you don't mention the job loss in any detail, or what you did other than talk to the manager, and more than once (naturally, one hopes it involved going to HR or at least well above the manager's head).  I'd also have refrained from zeroing in on the topic as one of "sexual talk at the work place."

"Do I have any recourse for the stress, tears and panic attacks I now have over this?"

Ultimately, you can talk with an employment law attorney as well as a workers' comp attorney. 

I was working with name calling like "evil" and having my Christian faith shot down being called names behind my back .

Part of being a Christian, right?

My manager rolled her eyes and told me she would get back to me.

If your manager works off-site, how would you know she rolled her eyes?

This never happened.  A year has passed

How much follow up did you do during this year?

Do I have any recourse for the stress, tears and panic attacks I now have over this?

As far as I can tell, some co-worker liked to talk about her sex life and gave you grief when you complained about it.  Your reaction to what the co-worker did seems highly unusual and excessive, and I really don't see you having any viable legal claim, but you're certainly free to see if you can find a local employment or workers' comp attorney who will try and make something out of this.