Sign in to follow this  
xs.slytherin

Should sue my ex-girlfriend?

My ex-girlfriend had asked for $200 for 14 months to help out her brother's friend with his kids and medical bills and even her brother himself, But when I asked him about it 2 or 3 years ago. He said he knew nothing about it. It would be a he said she said but I have proof of him telling me that he knows nothing about it. How much time do I have before the limitation are reached?

My ex-girlfriend had asked for $200 for 14 months to help out her brother's friend with his kids and medical bills and even her brother himself, But when I asked him about it 2 or 3 years ago. He said he knew nothing about it. It would be a he said she said but I have proof of him telling me that he knows nothing about it. How much time do I have before the limitation are reached?

There are so many details missing that it's impossible to answer the question.

What state?

Exactly what dates did you give her money? Dates and amounts of each?

What, if anything, was the payback agreement?

Was it in writing?

Did she pay you back anything at all?

Was this really a loan or was it a gift? In other words, when you are in love you help your mate with money with no thought of getting it back but after the breakup it suddenly becovers a loan. I've seen the scenario on these legal websites thousands of times.

The upshot is you are probably going to be better off just chalking it up to experience and get on with your life. Next time you're in love, don't give money to your girlfriend.

And I'm sure the Ex girlfriend told the brother's friend about his mysterious benefactor who was so generous and didn't say *she* was lending him the money and spend it immediately upon getting it back from him.  Because of course an ex girlfriend would never do that..

If you loaned your ex-girlfriend money and she didn't repay it, of course you can sue her.  The statute of limitations depends on the relevant state law.  You identified two different states without saying anything about how either state relates to the situation you described.  All of the stuff about your ex-girlfriend's brother's hairdresser's cousin's babysitter (or whatever) is irrelevant.