dogcatone

camera at intersection

I live in AZ  About  a month a go I had gotten hit by a car that ran a red light . or I said he did  & he said I did. 

It ends up as a no fault accident.  The cop said that there is no cameras at that intersection.

Well I went and took a look an yes there is one. Now this is by a airport. Its probably homeland camera witch would take act of Congress to get the film 

How can I find out who's  camera it is and how can I get the film with out involving cops and IE Ins.company ?  

Just in case I was the one who ran the red light . You know what I mean.

Start by figuring out who owns or leases the property on which the camera is mounted. Is it actually on airport property? If so, contact the airport authority as a starting place to determine whether you might be able to get a copy of any video that might exist. It is not likely that it is run by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Civilian airports are not federal installations and most civilian airport security is done by the state/local authority that runs the airport. Passenger screening is done by TSA and a few other functions are done by DHS, but overall the security is the responsibility of the state/local government that runs it.

Of course there may not be any recording available anyway. Some cameras are simply monitored by security personnel, for example, without any recording being done. Even if the camera did record, and even if it happened to be trained on the site where the accident occurred, there is no guarantee that the person in control of the video still has it. Chances are that if the video had nothing of interest to the person or organization doing the recording that the recording may have already been erased.

×
×