fggyone

What kind of issue is THIS?

Our state DMV has demanded that I have a medical form completed else lose the right to drive.  I have a legally registered vehicle, a duly authorized license, no existing or pending accident or other highway violations,  am in good health and physical condition; in fact, nothing to justify such a request imho.

However, when I request an explanation as to the reason for the insistence on a medical exam, I do not even get an acknowledgment of the request.

What kind of legal issues is this? 

Edited by fggyone

I apologize in advance for my unfocused post.  I simply do not feel I have committed any crime or misdemeanor so do not know why our MVD has insisted on my having a medical form completed else lose my license to drive.  I am in good health and physical condition, have had no accidents, am duly licensed and registered etc.

However, the DMV/MVD refused to reply to my request for an explanation.

IF there had been a violation of some kind, what would my 'rights' have been in order to be advised as knowing what the violation is?

Please know this is my first day on this website, and fear once I leave I may not find my way back. I don't know what tags are or how to use those or most other features on the form

d

d

Whether you have any grounds to challenge the request by the DMV depends on the particular facts and laws of your state. You did not mention the state, so no one can point you to the rules that apply. How old are you? Some states require all elderly persons who have reached a certain age (e.g. 75, 80 or whatever) to get some kind of medical certification in order to retain their license or to renew it. Another possibility is that someone reported to the DMV that he or she suspected you were not capable of driving safely. In that case, the DMV may ask for a medical certification that you are indeed capable to drive safely.

If someone feels you shouldn't be driving due to a medical issue, that would be why someone's seeking X.  However, of course you have a right to challenge what it is they're seeking.  The problem is that you'd need to discuss it with an attorney who knows how to navigate the administrative process if the head of the motor vehicles department won't provide an explanation.

Not sure what you mean by "do not feel I have" committed a crime, since you don't indicate that someone's accused you of having committed one. 

As for "tag", I'm not sure what you mean, but I hope you can open your internet browser and find out where you've been even if you didn't mark the address.