Sign in to follow this  
scratchy19

2 separate judgements

I legally evicted tenants and won judgement of1800.00. Security deposit not discussed as I was handed keys in court. Tenants won judgement for return of a portion of security depositin in another cour for 500.00. How can I go about getting the 500.00 I owe as a credit to what they owe me?

"Security deposit not discussed as I was handed keys in court."

Not sure why the two are being linked with "as", or why the deposit wasn't raised by either of you when you were going through what the $1800 represented (whether rent owed or whatever).  Unless you've found a statutory exception, you don't magically become exempted from following the state's security deposit law when the tenant leaves. 

Without more info, I'd offer to enter a satisfaction of judgment if I received $1300 (plus whatever judgment interest has accrued) in exchange for them entering a satisfaction of judgment in their case (that, I gather, you chose not to appeal).  I suspect, however, that each of you will be butting heads about that as well; I suppose you can go after collection of yours, and they on theirs.